looking to move up

Ahr44

looking to move up from an animal to uas kart. whats the best motor package i really havent found much info online

We've toyed with trying some UAS racing ourselves. The bit of time I've spent researching this topic revealed it's based on the budget, availability, how much time/effort you want to put into it, and partially on the drivers weight. I also found some tracks use UAS and RWYB interchangeably but that's not accurate.

This is how i would list them .
390 industrial .
Parrilla / Sudam . Or the like brc bamma kart specific engines
250-300 cc two stroke motor cycle engine .
450 4 stroke cycle engine .

Last edited:
any body can run RWYB , the UAS has a license , someone has to vouch for you ( must be a good driver }

You need to ask what sizes of tracks you'll be running, your weight, your experience? Do you want to go 2 stroke or 4 stroke? I can tell you 2 strokes are nice for rebuilds, buy a piston and a hone and you have a fresh topend. Put a new crank in a MX engine every other years for less than $300. Guys I know say the 4 stroke MX engines are easier to drive and if you dont do a lot to them they are reasonable to maintain. Go seriously tweaking on them dont cry when they go BOOM.jmo

i also made the jump last year Ilooked for a used one i could not find one bought a crf450 bike did it myself. prices have went up alot on used bikes there is a 450 motor race ready for sale for $4000 sounds like a lot but haveing just done it you cant build what he is selling for that. if you are racing a small track and do not weigh alot small 2cycle will work and save you money

Back