loose off

Not at all, keep telling you thats the norm, sometimes even more.
It could be different in your area, but I've got this piece of software that I like to check people's corner weights with and I don't remember ever seeing, and I've seen a lot of them, a dirt kart with that much LR weight. And tell me, who has software that tells you the difference between the LR and the RR? My software tells me the difference, both front and rear, between the left side and the right side. It's very common to see 100% +/-difference, RR to LR, less common the see 150% difference, or a lot less than a 100%, but above that, 150%, very uncommon.

It could be different in your area, but I've got this piece of software that I like to check people's corner weights with and I don't remember ever seeing, and I've seen a lot of them, a dirt kart with that much LR weight. And tell me, who has software that tells you the difference between the LR and the RR? My software tells me the difference, both front and rear, between the left side and the right side. It's very common to see 100% +/-difference, RR to LR, less common the see 150% difference, or a lot less than a 100%, but above that, 150%, very uncommon.
Al it's REAL SIMPLE there is ONLY 1 reason for seeing it, Karts today are using much higher cross settings the higher the cross the more weight on the LR, It was less common back in the day YES but back in the day is gone !!

Al it's REAL SIMPLE there is ONLY 1 reason for seeing it, Karts today are using much higher cross settings the higher the cross the more weight on the LR, It was less common back in the day YES but back in the day is gone !!
Well, you may have a point, still, the information I have gathered was acquired in the last 10 years or so. Maybe less, but it's current. I understand it changes, everything in racing changes, constantly. Another thing, very pertinent, with that much weight on the left rear, if it was me, I would be very careful when calculating my stagger requirements for the track I was racing on
"REAL SIMPLE", how stupid of me not to see it, I might be losing it! Getting old you know. Lol.

Well, you may have a point, still, the information I have gathered was acquired in the last 10 years or so. Maybe less, but it's current. I understand it changes, everything in racing changes, constantly. Another thing, very pertinent, with that much weight on the left rear, if it was me, I would be very careful when calculating my stagger requirements for the track I was racing on
"REAL SIMPLE", how stupid of me not to see it, I might be losing it! Getting old you know. Lol.
To be up front today you better be very careful paying a lot of attention to EVERYTHING involved, including the driver.
Were all getting old and losing it lol !!

All this numbers talk nothing about tires or prep ?
Or track surface .
Assuming dirt , what tire , any internal ?
Old or new tires ?

loosee off gets in great lower cross ?

"keeps turning left coming to where it spins out. In and middle good"
Suggestion: The driver needs to fix his entry line because to get through the total turn he has too much turning needing done late through the turn. End result is he's trying to finish an end of the track with too much turning left and his foot too soon on the gas. He'll either spin on exit be loose on exit or have to slow down, finish the turn and then get on the go pedal later.

"checking on what i was told in general front has to much bite decreased lf camber it worked also right but need more"
Suggestion: Lifting up the outside edge of the tire reduced the amount of work/bite you got from the left front tire. If helped only because he didn't feel as secure with the fronts ability to turn and slowed down.

" no space good called chassis builder going to start over driver thinks might be him driven dirt late models but not karts "
Suggestion: Not understanding what is needed per racing line on entry he probably had the same issue when he ran late models.

"i watched him turn hard right from middle off"
Suggestion: After video taping your driver entry through the worst turn, get someone else to try your kart and video tape it also so you can show a comparison to your driver. I'm assuming anyone you put on the kart who has some seat time will do better then your driver.

This is a very good assessment .
The driver complains , you adjust the chassis .
Much easier then adjusting the driver .

Nobody cares, if the percentages are correct, all the "differences" will be also. Reason we do percentages is so we dont have to figure out all the little "differences" and try to get the many correct, when we can do nose, front, cross and be done with.
And my area as you call it, is all over the country :).
Very common numbers in todays karting world, 47 nose, 60 left, and 64-68 cross plus.

Oct 23, 2013

Total Kart&Driver Front Left Cross
360 47 56 62
Left Front Left Front lbs Right Front Right Front lbs
20.50% 77.9 26.50% 100.7
Left Rear Left Rear lbs Right Rear Right Rear lbs
35.50% 134.9 17.50% 66.5
If no total kart and driver is given, only the corner percentages can be shown.

Look at the date.

Al I'm not going to be negative on your observation about the weight difference between the left and right rear tires.

Frankly I think it's a valid point and I think old time racers called it bite. Also in general I think the RR tires not going to give up and make it loose until the left rear quits. With the RR loaded so much and less load on the LR I think it would be prone to be loose. Again I think old time dirt oval racers considered very strongly the amount of bite across the back and it was a main thing to adjust. It's talked about a lot on here about how you can have too much or too little grip up front, I think bite across the back is a strong indicator of how much grip you have in the back. It's all a balance thing and the percentage of cross you have is meaningless unless there is some indicator for if your going to change it up front, in the back or a little of both.

Your getting beat up unfairly on this one Al. ...did I really just write that it must be wrong because it is just IMHO and ain't necessairly right anyway. ... :)

I'm with Earl who cares as long as I know what % ages are, Loose off with an already high cross set-up, a cross adjustment is the pretty much the last place I'm going, First same as Earl I'd watch a few laps and know if it's the driver that needs adjusted or the kart, Anyone that has scaled like 2 or more karts should realize anytime the cross is set higher the weight on the LR goes up and difference across rear goes up, Go to the front we also don't need software to tell us If we set left and cross with in the same common set up numbers say 53 to 59 % the weight on the LF & RF will be the same.
When old time racers looked at weights cross numbers were lower a more balanced set-up the old 55% rule, So weights across the rear did not get there attention as much, when they looked at weights it was the LF & RR they were concerned about the old with in 2 to 5 lbs of each other they looked for first.

Back