loose off

It's not that easy it would have to be real slight for a cross only adjustment to be the answer, what class. Which tires and staggers, how big is the track, which chassis, what are your current set up numbers, what are your camber settings.
And for loose off if you tried to fix it with only cross adjustment you would add cross not lower it.

Generally Loose off I'd put some cross in it, but as racing promoter said we need many more details to help you accurately.

checking on what i was told in general front has to much bite decreased lf camber it worked olso right but need more

checking on what i was told in general front has to much bite decreased lf camber it worked olso right but need more
That's more true for loose in not off, If off on entry look to front first, If loose off on exit look to rear first, look to cross as a fine tune once everything else is real close, If you do not know all the details, give track size and amount of rear stagger, but to give best fix while not hindering overall speed you need to give all the details . Keep in mind there are a lot of adjustments that will cure handling issues BUT will not reduce lap times and in some cases be even slower.

I would add a quarter inch of rear stagger first off. Doesn't look like there is much cross to add. I have never had much luck with that much cross but your kart might handle it just fine. I would first adjust the stagger and then I would try reducing the cross a few percent. Might feel like loose off but could be compensating for oversteer. Only one way to find out. Good luck.

DD

I would add a quarter inch of rear stagger first off. Doesn't look like there is much cross to add. I have never had much luck with that much cross but your kart might handle it just fine. I would first adjust the stagger and then I would try reducing the cross a few percent. Might feel like loose off but could be compensating for oversteer. Only one way to find out. Good luck.

DD
Add rear stagger to fix loose off ? So I guess your assume him saying it enter great, It actually has a push causing over steer ?

Last edited:
Check rear wheel spacings from inside of LR wheel to frame ? and also same on RR If there to far out that will cause loose off. Should be 3/4" LR and close on RR 1/8". Depending on what they are will determine what else needs changed.

By chance you didn't change LR wheel that was a 8.5 " wheel with a 3.5 " back set, to a 8.25 " wheel with only a 3 " back set and not adjust the hub?

no space good called chassie builder going to start over driver thinks might be him driven dirt late models but not karts

If he's putting to much wheel In it that will do it, or if it requires burping the throttle and he's trying to flatfoot it that will do it, not enough bite in tires will do it as well.

He's not by chance just overdriving it, by that I mean trying to apply dirt late model driving style to karts.. I see a lot of guys that instead of dumping or burping think they can pitch them like a high horsepower car.

Seems like a lot of weight on that LR?

Attachments

• 1569333529951.png
    1569333529951.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 54
Back