Loose

Joker19

Help, I’m loose in the corner on exit, I’ve prep my tires in and out. I have to slow way down and then I lose spots, can anyone give advise. Tia

Set-up should include ; %'s. Along with air pressure , wheel sizes and spacing , stagger , seat positioning , caster , camber , toe , tire type , durometer/prep amount or type , driver size and something im sure I've missed .
The more correct info the better .

If my kart was loose on exit and I tho't that the setup was good and my tires
were good to go, I'd slide my LR in 1/4" and/or decrease my stagger.

If my kart was loose on exit and I tho't that the setup was good and my tires
were good to go, I'd slide my LR in 1/4" and/or decrease my stagger.
Make stagger adjustment before moving hub as long as you LR spacing is good to start with, moving it is just a band-aid effect it will handle little better but not gain any speed like other adjustments will, now if it's out 1.25" instead of where it should of been then it may help both.

Last edited:
Also 6lbs in the right 5lbs in the left. Tiaras
Thats not a lot of info, but based off what you have given here, id say too much air. If youre using Pink Panther inside, i believe thats an aggressive inside from Carlson which tells me you are on a low bite track. If this is true your air pressure, for Maxxis, should be more like 3.5-4, or possible even less.
This is a good place to start.

Yea, I'd agree with Earl on a 1/10 mi you could start dropping air -- you're not as concerned with roll speed on that small of a track. You could also close your splits up to be 4# all the way around and that should help too.
If the kart is close, and just a touch off at exit, then the other fellow's are right, moving the left rear hub in and reducing rear stagger can/will help.
You can also make a RF camber adjustment or even increase cross slightly (kinda last resort.)

Pink Panther will add some bite, and soften slightly, but it's main purpose is to add oils to the tire.
Pink Panther is the more aggressive internal of the two that we offer, but it's not real harsh on the tires. It'll work fine on low bite and medium bite tracks too. That's what I'd recommend for your tires and track.
I have no idea what the purple outside is that you are using, so it's hard to suggest if your outside prep is working correctly or not.
On little tracks, you can "generally" get pretty aggressive with your preps.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

in with the tire actually increases the effects of stagger at apex, in off, allows weight to transfer back to the LR quicker, thats why sliding a wheel in or out is just a diagnosis adjustment, like Brian said above, if sliding the tire fixes it, put it back fix with air split, or lay the RF tire down a little
A lot of times loose off is a product of tight at apex as well.

Yea, I'd agree with Earl on a 1/10 mi you could start dropping air -- you're not as concerned with roll speed on that small of a track. You could also close your splits up to be 4# all the way around and that should help too.
If the kart is close, and just a touch off at exit, then the other fellow's are right, moving the left rear hub in and reducing rear stagger can/will help.
You can also make a RF camber adjustment or even increase cross slightly (kinda last resort.)

Pink Panther will add some bite, and soften slightly, but it's main purpose is to add oils to the tire.
Pink Panther is the more aggressive internal of the two that we offer, but it's not real harsh on the tires. It'll work fine on low bite and medium bite tracks too. That's what I'd recommend for your tires and track.
I have no idea what the purple outside is that you are using, so it's hard to suggest if your outside prep is working correctly or not.
On little tracks, you can "generally" get pretty aggressive with your preps.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Gambler wet tire prep