Lost package with USPS......

Hobby87

I attempted to send a durometer to a guy on 9/2. I sent it regular mail through USPS, well turns out they tried to deliver it to me (the sender) on 9/3, but once it was "out for delivery" the tracking log showing "delivery error" and there has been nothing since (8 days later), I have called my local office, the office I sent it from, the consumer affairs and all I get is run around that they don't know where it is.... as of now, I'm going to consider the package lost forever, so i refunded the buyer via Paypal... Just curious, anyone ever have a similar issue and can i even file a claim/ request a refund since it was non-priority mail? I realize it may not be worth the BS for a less than a $100 item, but man I just want to punch those folks at USPS!

Thanks, Matt

Insurance is the way to go for a few bucks more....................................USPS, UPS, FEDEX or any other..........Charge as per value...........

lesson learned I guess, typically I go through Fedex and carry at least the value of the item in insurance, just happened to be at the post office that day and didn't realize til now that you have to use Priority mail to get coverage, life goes on, right!

-Matt

Ive never had issues with USPS, always get a tracking number and always get insurance. Most packages come with $50 insurance, which is usually more than enough to cover what I ship, so if they lose it I actually make out lol

Have to find the picif the scale stands I sent to VA....every corner was bent. When I filed the claim they told me it was my fault. Never went back..I suppose they all have their issues
Yes sir packaging and protecting a package is your responsibility, If the package get lost or the outside of the package gets damage that's different..
another thing is never overweight a package, UPS or FedEx go max 60 lbs protect and pack real good. never have straps hanging around the box, use tape most of the time........they use a conveyer system, loose package gets hang up in them........................

All shipping companies have their pros and cons..... FedEx IMHO is probably the best that I've found.

USPS lost a custom made motor mount that was shipped to me.....been over a year now and nothing :( Had issues with UPS too on damaged goods. Been told too that it was the shippers fault for not packing the item correctly....um, it might have been that 10' drop you kicked the box off of maybe!! Make me wonder what they do with these boxes sometimes! FedEx seems to be a little more careful with the cargo and never had one lost or damaged in shipment.

I can't say that FedEx is any more careful than the others. I'd like to think so, but I still see employees tossing and dropping boxes. When the delivery truck turns our corner, it's not uncommon for both the FedEx and UPS trucks to make some unusual banging sounds from within (packages falling off the shelves.)
We are real happy with FedEx service (and claims when needed.) We've used them almost exclusively over the last 15 years or so. Honestly, UPS was generally pretty good for us before that time. Damaged or lost items claims were always paid out, just lost a few more of them and took a lot more hassle to get them to pay. Post Office...don't even get me started. As shared above...if you choose to use the post office, plan for the worst - insure for replacement value and get tracking and customer signature request.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If you care about what you are shipping.... avoid USPS. I agree with the guys above, they ALL have shipping issues from time to time, but UPS & FedEx have always went out of their way if I had a problem with them to resolve the problem. Every time I have had a problem with USPS they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to deal with and everyone you talk with acts like they could care less about you.

When everything goes good, they are all good...... but when it goes bad, it's the customer service that separates them.

UPS and FedEX still delivers! LOL.
I don't have a lot of sympathy because when I worked for the electrical company I had to respectfully deal with peoples pets to do my job

Yup. I used to be a service technician for Sears and did in home service. One of my customers had a sign that read: "Never mind the dog, beware of goose". Oh he was soooooo correct! That thing would chase you wherever you went.

I don't/won't buy 'stock' in ANY of them! (I do buy their 'insurance' though!) BUT....they 'do' bring my dog a bone!! NOTE: "When they F-up the most is when you need it the most!" :)

DIYDS is a new delivery service in W Eastern Village GT, SC real good delivery service .........Cant go wrong....

UPS and FedEX still delivers! LOL.
really? I don't know how it is elsewhere, and I don't know why they do it, but both those companies turn over a lot of their deliveries to the post office. I live in a trailer park, in kind of a rural area, and it's about a quarter-mile, maybe a little farther, to the mailbox. Sometimes, if a package is too big to fit in the mailbox, they will deliver it to my front door, but you can see by the look on that delivery person's face, they're not happy about it.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back