low engagement on bulley clutch

The springs are a wear item yes? I’m not following the question tho... your saying you set spring height for correct stall and it took 1 full turn after that to get the rpms close??

Strange, at least to me, that you would question what you did. That's the way we always did it. Put the clutch together, checked the stall RPM, and adjust accordingly. As long as the clutch was holding the engine at peak torque RPM, that's all we ever cared about. One point of caution, I'm assuming your clutch is not completely worn out! lol. You wouldn't want to compress the springs drastically, it might affect your top end.

Can springs be bad if spring height is set right had to turn a full turn in to get it close

Spring pressures go DOWN with use/heat. That would mean that the engagement is lower with used springs that new springs of the same type/size/configuration.
Springs do not get stronger with use, they get softer.
If you had to turn the spring adjuster in (clockwise) to get to the desired rpm, it could be because of not enough break-in time to seat the discs, excess air gap, oil/contamination of the discs, assembled incorrectly, machined incorrectly, etc. probably several other things I am forgetting off of the top of my head.
As long as your spring heights are within specs, you should be fine. Keep in mind also that the spring pressures increase pretty much linearly as spring heights are lowered.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back