Low kart count in senior classes

and georgehenry...that goes back to what i was saying before......famous words.... "did you see that "stuff" at the start of that old timers race? betcha they won't do that again!" ....... and you know that we'll all be back next month to try and do just that...all over again!! we may be smarter in some ways....but we can be dummer than a bag of hammers in other ways!!!

mikey56 you so hit the nail on the head with this

Bad Track Management is a big problem, a lot of the places I've been too, do not know what a black flag is.

Running with a 15-30 year old group of guys is not always fun the older you get, they typically have more Testosterone.

What you need to do is go and race the vintage events in Vintage Karting Association (VKA), I'm 43 and I'm just considered to be a young know nothing inexperienced snot nosed punk because I'm under 50.

It's not that they have more testosterone, I'm just as aggressive as I ever was. I just think patience comes with experience, and that can be a good thing.

patience reminds me of the vulture cartoon bumper sticker from years ago.... "patience my ---, i'm gonna kill sumpthin!" some lessons need to be learned the hard way. some learn by doing, others by watching....then again, some never learn.

senior classes can and will bring us old timers out to have some fun. you also need to remember that once we put a helmet on, some of us lose our minds. had a great friend that piloted super late models....one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, until he put a helmet on and then he went bezerk!!! ....alzhimers....our way of saying "who??? what????"

I must be wrong, I felt that the original poster was referring to Senior classes as those other than Juniors. It seems that most of the responses are referring to an 'Over 35" or "Masters" type classes.

seniors, masters, over 35.....it's all good....we all want to race, but we don't want to get run over by some kid that has been taught by daddy to do whatever it takes to win.....including going so far out there that they risk hurting themselves or others by thier no talent "driving" skills. sure, loosing sucks, but winning by hurting someone isn't racing......

I think part of the problem is that the whole sport is thinking how do we get kids in it and not playing video games. I feel we should be pushing how do we get the adults to come to the kart track. I raced sprints track closed and needed something affordable for a father of 4 girls. Guess what I found it in karting, I know I will never be a national champion but I feel so great wheeling into turkey Trott every week competing against everybody. I say don't stop with the next generation of kids, look at the next 20 and older crowd that wants to race without breaking the bank

I race mowers (and have a National Championship). What I have done is create a team and have 2 young people racing for me and plan to add 2 more drivers this year. This give the younger people a chance to race they otherwise would not have had. Plus we do tons of promotional stuff.

Tom

Last edited:
and i can almost garantee that you teach them the right way to race tom....and that speaks volumes for your dedication to the sport and to youngsters. people like you are what keeps the kids off the streets. but there are those out there that will teach them the wrong way to do things....and these are the ones that i can't race with and have to watch out for. teach them the right way and they are the ones that will be seen as great drivers....teach them the wrong way and all your doing is creating a bully....

I'm doing my best to teach em right. Since I help run the organization they get no slack. Both are doing great and have even beat the old man. :) Great experience for them and me.

Tom

To many engine classes. This causes low kart counts in classes across the field. Which in turn makes for boring racing. A bored racer finds something else to race or doesnt race.

Our senior classes keep growing in CT...

There is a reason for this - you don't need 65 sets of tires, a set up guru, and to do nothing but prep to run well at this track. Tires are out of control - that is one reason.

Second reason is too many classes. Consolidation would help also.

Just my .02.

Back