Low speed alky Jet

Bigred28

What is a good low speed jet that y’all run in yalls
Dover power holy Moses alcohol Stock appearing carburetor TIA

It takes a little over twice as much alky as a gas to run best. Calculate the area of the stock jet and replace it with a jet with twice the area, maybe a little more. Pi R squared is the formula.

I think its in the .060 range .
Theres other things that come into play im sure . The metering holes are limits if not enlarged . I assume they get enlarged .

I think its in the .060 range .
Theres other things that come into play im sure . The metering holes are limits if not enlarged . I assume they get enlarged .
.038" to .060" is just under a 150% increase. We're getting close to rich, I like it! For sure there's not going to be any detonation! lol

Although we all want there to be a simple formula for converting jet sizes from a low powered industrial engine on gas to an engine turning twice or more the rpm on methanol, the fact remains that there are other factors affecting the signal at the jet, which ultimately determines jet sizing.
Four cycle jetting is affected by factors such as carb size, air filter arrangement, camshaft overlap and duration, and exhaust arrangement.
The carb itself has several factors which help dictate final jetting.
The act of doubling the area of the jet does not insure fuel flow is doubled, as the signal must now act on twice the area, lowering flow rate.
It must all work together to make jetting most correct across a wide rpm range.

Last edited:
Although we all want there to be a simple formula for converting jet sizes from a low powered industrial engine on gas to an engine turning twice or more the rpm on methanol, the fact remains that there are other factors affecting the signal at the jet, which ultimately determines jet sizing.
Four cycle jetting is affected by factors such as carb size, air filter arrangement, camshaft overlap and duration, and exhaust arrangement.
The carb itself has several factors which help dictate final jetting.
The act of doubting the area of the jet does not insure fuel flow is doubled, as the signal must now act on twice the area, lowering flow rate.
It must all work together to make jetting most correct across a wide rpm range.

Excellencent explanation

Back