LR adjustment

Marcis71

How often do people adjust the LR up and down for cross adjustment at the track. It seems like a better alternative than moving spindles as that changes all of your front end geometry and it seems, in my little mind, that moving the LR instead would have much less effect on front end settings?

You might think so but no. Put you kart on the scales and make that adjustment then look at your camber. It will be different.

I personally believe that more people could. Benefit from moving the left rear up or down a little bit based on the situation, but a very small adjustment, only 1/16" here or there. You have to be careful with this one

You might think so but no. Put you kart on the scales and make that adjustment then look at your camber. It will be different.
Adjusted the LR down maybe 1/16 (I didn’t measure the thickness of the pin) and RF camber changed almost 1/4* LF camber stayed the same. I expected that either they would both change or neither would. Didn’t expect just 1 would.
Thanks for the heads up 👍🏼

I personally believe that more people could. Benefit from moving the left rear up or down a little bit based on the situation, but a very small adjustment, only 1/16" here or there. You have to be careful with this one
What is the biggest concern with this adjustment?

What is the biggest concern with this adjustment?
If you add more rake, it might go through the turns better but decrease takeoff speed and drive from the left rear. Decreasing the amount of rake (moving the left rear down) can make you push. One time I had an icon and we had the 1/8 pill facing up in the bottom hole. So we had like a 1/4" less rake than we should have. We raised up the RF to compensate for the increase in cross and it literally would not turn. We didn't know. It caused alot of argument

So how I would manage it is if I needed more forward drive from the left rear I would lower the left rear tire more into the ground by a 1/16" margin. Or if I was pushing due to the left rear I would raise it by 1/16" and keep my front rake the same as it should be. I always liked to keep my RF level with my RR then set cross with the left front

So how I would manage it is if I needed more forward drive from the left rear I would lower the left rear tire more into the ground by a 1/16" margin. Or if I was pushing due to the left rear I would raise it by 1/16" and keep my front rake the same as it should be. I always liked to keep my RF level with my RR then set cross with the left front
Something to be aware of If your already on higher cross set up and lower LR to get more LR drive which by doing that will increase cross even more, If it does create a push especially if only on more exit past center, before just raising it back up I'd test adjusting elsewhere first to fix the push, like depending on current LF pos camber say it's only .25 now I'd increase it first, because if it works and you still have that xtra forward drive up off, let's just say YOUR GOING TO LIKE IT !!

Back