lr Pills

What characteristics change in the handling of a kart from goin from the 1/16 versus the 1/8 pill I know cross changes butt how else does kart respond to this just curious does it rotate in center any different jusk asking the pros Thanks

I'm by far no expert but this is just my thoughts on it...............

In simple terms so as to not complicate matters............everything we can change on the kart simply changes how weight moves around. They change the plane that weight has to traverse. They change the timing events of the weight movement. They change the speed of the weight movement.

In the case of the LR pill, you will change the rake of the chassis with each change. That change may be in an upward or downward direction, depending on if you place the hole up or down. Think about the LR and RF corner of the chassis and how it's plane changes when making an adjustment with the LR pill and how that can affect the timing and speed of weight movement from left to right and front to back. Specifically to the RF and RR corner of the chassis.

I never specifically used the LR pill in regards to rotation. I generally used the RR pill for that IF I chose to make it happen by the use of the pill position.

As has been stated above it'll change the rake across the kart which will cause weight to move a bit more quickly. Depending on which kart you're talking about this may be all it does or it may do other things as well.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Back