LR Tire Size

Ragnar

What is a reasonable min circumference for a Maxxis on a 8.5" rim? What I mean is a size that can be maintained with air versus having to constantly re-shrink. Based on our experience 32 1/2 is about the limit.

Thanks

If you have 10 LR 3 or 4 might stay 32 1/2 " if you really keep after them, 32 3/4 " is more the average and if you don't purge them after each race they be 33" before you know it .

I would ask; how much stagger do you need?
Measure the infield width, add the track width X 2. From that I can calculate how much stagger you need.

Hard to shrink the tire by much, how about growing the outside tire. Don't forget to add one tooth for every 3/8 inch you grow it.

What is a reasonable min circumference for a Maxxis on a 8.5" rim? What I mean is a size that can be maintained with air versus having to constantly re-shrink. Based on our experience 32 1/2 is about the limit.

Thanks
Using an 8 3/4" wheel will help. Let the tire flat after you run it each time. I'd say 32 1/4" is realistic. If you need a 32" tire, then it'll take several shrinking sessions to get where you want with a 6.00 tire. We've gotten them to stay low like that, but it's a constant chore to keep up with them from week to week.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back