LRP RACE #3 - LIST OF WINNERS!!! - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so glad to say we have the LRP Series Race #3 completed and recorded. It was a struggle for racer and promoter alike to get out in the hot and work all week long to prepare for the race and again stay all day long in the hot on race day. Us karters just love all types of weather. Cold freezing weather, hot humid weather, overcast weather, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s not wet weather. We will brave the storm just to race, no matter what. When racing gets in your blood, it's there for keeps. Tommy says racing is the worst drug there is and I, myself am right there with y’all. When we aren’t at the track, we miss our people. I know, ANYWAY, many of you, (racers) withstood the heat to come race and we truly admire and appreciate it. We had a really good crowd, and everything ran pretty much smoothly. Qualifying went well, and the mains mostly ran caution free. Like I have said many times, we have a good group and you just proved that again Saturday night.

Listed below are the winners of the LRP SERIES RACE #3.

BEGINNER RED PLATE
WYATT PHIPPS

JR 1
RYLAN HARRIS

JR 2
BLAZE THRONEBURG

JR 3
ASHTON STARNES

JR CHAMP POINTS
DYLAN HUTCHING

TEEN CHAMP
COLE JOYCE

CLONE LITE
COLE PAYNE

CLONE MEDIUM
ETHAN HILDEBRAN

CLONE HEAVY
TYSON FRIES

CLONE 425
GRAYSON BROOKSHIRE

CLONE 450
CHASE LEWIS

SR CHAMP 425
ZACK BURROW

PREDATOR 390
BLAKE SMITH

PREDATOR 425
ZACK PICKARD

We always hold a few classes that do not accumulate points and some of these are considered as Pro classes in which the purse is usually a higher amount of money, and some are considered just normal payout classes. The winners of these classes and in no specific order are RYLAN HARRIS, ASHTON STARNES, CHRIS CARPENTER, TYSON FRIES (2 NON-POINT CLASSES), BLAKE SMITH, and rounding out the list of winners is COLE JOYCE.

First, I’d like to congratulate all the winners of last Saturday at the LRP Series race. I guess if I were to say we didn’t have anything exciting or maybe we should call it odd happen, I would be lying. I was in the tower doing the after races work and heard a commotion. I looked up and sure enough, there was Tyson Fries in the pond. His luck had finally turn around and was a happy camper. I just had to tell this, Tyson. When he wins at Liberty Raceway, in the pond he goes. We will just have to wait until cold weather to see if he likes cold water as well. It’s a wonder one of the catfish didn’t think he was supper and gobbled him up! We all got a laugh out of that anyway.

Our next race at Liberty Raceway is July 9. It will be another LRP Series Race. After that race, we will hold the NCDS Race #4 on July 23. If you ever need to see a schedule, you can find it on www.daytonaofdirt.com. Our anniversary race will be combined with the NCDS race #5 on August 20.

I would like to mention that Tommy and I have now owned this track, Liberty Raceway Park, for 10 years. My how times flies. We had set on the sidelines many years and just thought we knew how to run a track but let me tell you, you gave us a crash course and I think in these last 10 years, we have improved quite a bit. All of you know how we feel about all of the undertaking these last 10 years. Tommy use to race and knows exactly what you all go through and when something happens on the track, he knows not only how it happens but what is in your heads cause there’s nothing you have done that either he has done in the past or he thought about doing. As for me, and I’m not shy about my feelings. All of you are like my children. I want to get you in the track, let you race and have a good time, and get you back home safe and sound. I love you all and you are all special to me and have touched my heart. These last 10 years have not all been roses, but I’ve had more roses than thorns for sure.

Hope to see you all July 9

Back