ltr250r a good uas motor

Anything can be made to work....guessing that's mid 30's hp at crank...and more tq than a 125, though not much more hp.... If you can get it cheap, why not?

Quadzilla is not legal. Quad racer would be good. But you don't need anything that big cuz you'd have to weigh in at 430.

I'm looking for something I had a gread 450 deal fall through on me. I'm not a fan of the big bore briggs and not sold on the kt100 so what are my options for around $1000-1500

I use to race mx quads and owned 1 ltr250 & 5 trx250r. Only reason for the ltr I got it cheap. And sold it. Not even comparable to the Honda motor.

I have a YZ-125 I'll sell you for $1600 + shipping. New old stock, never even fired. Taft can probably vouch for me. :) It's a 2001, their best year for power, and is Yamaha's official karting edition -- no kickstart stuff. Comes complete, mount to pipe, extra reedcage, and I'll throw in the shifter handle/j-arm and chain and gears too.

You had to do a lot of porting to the LT 250r and bigger carb to even come close to scaring anyone. I had a Paul turner national port job on the Suzuki and it got smoked on the starts by the honda. I learned my lesson too. I did like the power valve and the bottom end for gncc racing.

I'm looking for something I had a gread 450 deal fall through on me. I'm not a fan of the big bore briggs and not sold on the kt100 so what are my options for around $1000-1500

Keep looking on here from time time, it wasn't long ago I saw a 116 reed jet go for cheap, and I've seen 250 two strokes go cheap as well. Forget about the Briggs and Hondas if you want to race with the big boys and be cheap and reliable you need to find a motor that was designed to race. How much do you weigh? Your driver weight will play a big role in your motor choice.

Depends on your weight like flash stated. With a 250 two stroke on my kart I need 50lbs of lead to make the 430min weight. Now on the other hand my 125 Sudam I'm slightly over weight by 30ish pounds. I'd take a peek around for a Sudam if your lighter and can make the 355 weight. If your a touch heavier then go on Craigslist and find a 250 two stroke for reasonable. Everything that I've seen 4stroke is gonna cost ya (mx or industrial) to make good power. Jmo

It's all relative to competition, that motor could be the fastest thing for miles where he races. Might be the turd in the back. Rarely comes down to HP, unless you're racing somewhere everyone is at the top of their game. Big races or really high population of racers will be a different story.

He will be racing in Upstate NY UAS. With me and Ben. He's probably 160 in race gear. I think a nice 125 mx motor would be the best bet for his size and weight. But I've told him that before. Lol ;)

I weigh about 150 in race gear. I have a hard time hitting 375 with my clone kart without leading up the pipes. Jimmy I do listen to ya. I see that 450 run so I figured the 250 would be good for me but went to go pick it up and the deal dropped out on me. So on to next step.

I weigh about 150 in race gear. I have a hard time hitting 375 with my clone kart without leading up the pipes. Jimmy I do listen to ya. I see that 450 run so I figured the 250 would be good for me but went to go pick it up and the deal dropped out on me. So on to next step.

I have a 116 liquid cooled reedjet or a K35 128 for sale. PM me for details. They can be had with pipe clutch and jackshaft for the right price. Strahl

Go with the 116 reed jet or a 125 sudam you will be very satisfied, plus the reliability will be there and if it blows up it will be half the price to fix compared to a four stroke.

Back