Lubricating Max Torque Clutch

My MT clutch came with a notification it needs to be oiled but having not done one before I'm not sure how to do it. Where do I need to oil it and what oil do I use?

Thanks

A drop of oil on the bearing in the sprocket is sufficient.
If you put too much on it may get on the friction surfaces and cause a problem.
To really stay on top of your clutch you should clean and re-lube it before each time out.
I see lots of people that never do any maintenance on their clutch until something goes wrong.

I always say to us LPS2 penetrating oil in the spray can. It also works great on chain and bearings. No need to take the seals off, it just soaks right in.

Oinkmurphy, go to the Max-Torque website. On there home page go to TIPS and click on chains and bushing. Jim Donovan clutch, chain and bushing maintenance. I have followed this procedure after every race weekend and never had any problems with the chain, clutch or bushing life. Instead of coffee can and boiling water I use a Wal-Marts smallest crock pot with a vegetable steamer grate in the bottom. This allows the dirt to settle to the bottom keeping the the chain and bushing in cleaner oil.

Back