M&M plastic body

Jsm1

I have a plastic m&m body that is really faded and still new looking under the decals what process or product can be used to bring it back tried buffer and boat restore compound no luck just shined the faded

I have a plastic m&m body that is really faded and still new looking under the decals what process or product can be used to bring it back tried buffer and boat restore compound no luck just shined the faded
Back to black... i think thats what it is called... its for faded plastic bumpers on cars

once it fades there's really no bringing it back. the color is throughout the material and it is not likely engineered with any light fastness properties to it. Red is the worst. you see it in some cars.. it will fade to pink over time. packaging materials are the same way (my industry) it's costly to engineer into product colorants. short life items like bags and boxes, kart bodies, kid toys do not have it, but items like building signage (big coke logo) its built in so the sign will hold the color for a long time.

Get some stuff called wipe-nu. I used it on my four wheeler plastics. It’s stinks but it made them look new.

Put heat to it. Like a heat gun or if you’re careful a torch. If it has stickers or decals don’t do this they will melt. Enough heat will bring original color back.

Back