M5

10% gain with just fuel choice is huge . I would gladly pay 50 dollars for 2 hp.
That’s best case. Did you rejet the carb? Did you change timing? Did you bring a weather station to the track to test humidity? Sure it all adds up. But we run on low bite, dusty short tracks. Where having the most power doesn’t mean your fast. I can blow the tires off at any given time as it is.. having 2 more hp isn’t gonna help. If we ran something with traction that would be different. I spend my time and money on the kart. I’ll build myself more power as needed. Add wear and tear and crazy CHTs and there’s a lot of blown head gaskets. Have to finish to win. Just my opinion.

Funny you said 10% gain .
Anyway ya look at it 10% for 50 bucks is cheap.
As far as power its either not enough or enough . Spin out , mash the gas , get back in the game slinging dirt the whole time. ;)

Oil and Octane by Airport Speedway in Springfield... Don't know about M5, but that's where I got my methanol for my dinasour flathead's

That’s best case. Did you rejet the carb? Did you change timing? Did you bring a weather station to the track to test humidity? Sure it all adds up. But we run on low bite, dusty short tracks. Where having the most power doesn’t mean your fast. I can blow the tires off at any given time as it is.. having 2 more hp isn’t gonna help. If we ran something with traction that would be different. I spend my time and money on the kart. I’ll build myself more power as needed. Add wear and tear and crazy CHTs and there’s a lot of blown head gaskets. Have to finish to win. Just my opinion.
Like you said,,,, it's your opinion

If you have an engine built to 20hp what other mod can you do for $50 that will net you 2hp? I doubt any.
If I have an engine built to make 20hp that's what I built it for on purpose. If I want more power I will just run another engine that makes more power to start with. Over build and not run them on the edge every night.
Like you said,,,, it's your opinion
And that's your opinion. I buy M1 in a drum. I know I have it, and my engines are tuned to run the same fuel I have. Consistency and eliminating variables is something I focus on.

If I have an engine built to make 20hp that's what I built it for on purpose. If I want more power I will just run another engine that makes more power to start with. Over build and not run them on the edge every night.

And that's your opinion. I buy M1 in a drum. I know I have it, and my engines are tuned to run the same fuel I have. Consistency and eliminating variables is something I focus on.
Your money,,do what suits you

Back