Magnesium chloride or Urea

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
anyone ever use magnesium chloride on the track or urea.
a friend of mine has a horse training stable and they spread magnesium chloride flakes on the riding stable floor with a light sprinkle of water and no dust for weeks.
in the printing industry we use urea in inks to help the printed sheets hold the moisture longer, (prevents curl in the sheet). it is also in yard fertilizer for greener yards.

Magnesium chloride flakes are commonly used on DIRT tracks were calcium chloride is not permitted....Does not work as well and is more expensive...
You can get the same affect just need to use more of it to equal out with calcium, example what took me 20 bags of calcium was 24 bags of mag. Never heard or urea but if it's in liquid form i doubt it would work near as good as calcium.

They used something funky at Semo everyone said fertilizer if it was this urea it didn't work near as good as calcium, but I'd say there's NO substitute for calcium as long as the guy putting it on knows what he's doing.

After all these years of using calcium there's still a myth of some thinking that just the fact it's applied it magically does it's thing, that's not how it work's and to get the full effect of it, it needs to be placed on the track with a spreader the morning of the race no longer than 3 hrs ahead of start time, and when it's applied there has to be plenty of moisture already in and on the track, ideally once applied no more water applied, only exception you start running it in and it's not dissolving then you might as well bite the bullet and mist the track, but note for next time that tells you there wasn't enough moisture in track when you applied the calcium, run the calcium with vehicles until the shine turns dull looking, then get vehicles off and with in 5 minutes go karts on the track.

Back