Magnetic Drain Plug

I have a predator 212 and I am wanting to get a magnetic drain plug for it. Do any of you guys use drain plugs that are magnetic? If so what is the best one? I want it to be as magnetic as possible. I know of people running these in race cars but i didnt know if people use them in karts.

Thanks for the referral(s) guy!

We've got them in stock and ship them daily.
All of ours are made right here in the USA.
We use only high strength rare earth magnets and the oem plugs.
We have an ad up in the business section of this site, also on our website, etc.
The magnets attract any ferrous metal from your crankcase oil and prevent it from causing further damage, like an oil filter for your engine.
Best protection (other than the oil itself) you can provide for your engine.

Give us a call - we can take care of any order, any size, any engine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I have a predator 212 and I am wanting to get a magnetic drain plug for it. Do any of you guys use drain plugs that are magnetic? If so what is the best one? I want it to be as magnetic as possible. I know of people running these in race cars but i didnt know if people use them in karts.
Thanks for the referral(s) guy!

We've got them in stock and ship them daily.
All of ours are made right here in the USA.
We use only high strength rare earth magnets and the oem plugs.
We have an ad up in the business section of this site, also on our website, etc.
The magnets attract any ferrous metal from your crankcase oil and prevent it from causing further damage, like an oil filter for your engine.
Best protection (other than the oil itself) you can provide for your engine.

Give us a call - we can take care of any order, any size, any engine.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
I will definitely have to look in to one of these. I didn't know they made a magnetic one. Great idea!

Keep in mind your piston and rod and block are all aluminum... these will only pick up the ferrous (iron) particles that come from the crank or cam. ;)

Keep in mind your piston and rod and block are all aluminum... these will only pick up the ferrous (iron) particles that come from the crank or cam. ;)
Piston rings , valves , bearings , lifters , springs , retainers and push rods and anything else metal I might have missed .
Like you ; I certainly don't expect a lot of material .
I guess if you seeing a bunch it's a problem .

on a fresh engine I will get fuzz for the first 3 changes... I change it twice a race day after that it’s just normal wear ... but it picks it up that’s what I like. On my stock appearing stuff with the short piston and long rod it always seems to make a slight fuzz but that seems to be the norm with the crappy rod ratio.

Magnets attract ferrous metal. Keep in mind that ferrous metal is considerably harder than aluminum, and does more damage. Ring and cylinder wear is what produces the most metal on the magnets. If you consider that ring end gaps open up as the engine is run, that metal has to go somewhere.

Personally, I only run 1 mag. drain plug in our own engines. I think it catches enough, AND it's important that you clean it off each time you drain the oil -- if you have 2 plugs, you'll need to remove both to clean them each time -- twice the protection, sure, but also twice the time to clean them each time. If you're only changing oil once per race day, that's not so much a problem -- on the alcohol engines we run, typically we change oil every time we come off of the track.

You will always get some gray "mud" on the magnet. Be sure to wipe it off with a paper towel before replacing the drain plug. If you start seeing bigger chunks of metal, or longer strands...that signifies a problem.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

Back