maintenance?

Right at the top of the list is make sure everything that's supposed to be tight is tight, and whats supposed to be loose is loose, clean and lube bearings and chain, clutch maintenance, crankcase oil change to name a few.

Kart completely stripped, everything cleaned/lubed/inspected and re-assembled
Start prep work on tires, for the following weekend

Some like to strip the whole kart down, others just clean everything and lube the bearings and chain every couple of weeks or so. I myself prefer to clean the kart off with wd40, clean the bearings front and back with brake clean then lube them with tri flow, clean chain with brake clean then lube with tri flow and let it hang and drip dry for the week then wipe it off with a rag on race day before putting the chain back on the engine. Pull clutch off and remove basket, soak the clutch itself in acetone and spray needle bearing and thrust bearing with brake clean then lightly lube with vaseline. I like to get the engine hot before draining oil so I know the dirt and anything else is coming out with the oil and not sitting in the engine. Proper maintenance will ensure that the kart stays free rolling, that the bearings aren't dirty and not spinning freely.

Back