Manufacture dates for Honda parts

BibbilyBob

Hi folks,
I’m hoping you can help me figure out how to date when Honda parts are manufactured. My issue is I built an engine and used a flat top, short skirt piston part#13101-Z4M-000 only to find out the part was manufactured after 2011 and can’t be used as per my clubs rules “2011 or newer Honda GX160 engines or parts are not permitted”
Is there a way to figure manufacture date out from the part number or does anyone know of a web site that provides this information?
If anyone is also willing to share a part number for a similar piston manufactured before 2011 I would be very gratefull.
Cheers,

You may possibly go on Boats.net to get the info you need. They have EVERY part for the engine you mentioned. There is so much info it can get hard to navigate. Take your time and look at their site. Try to use a computer. I find the phone hard to use there to search. JMO

You may possibly go on Boats.net to get the info you need. They have EVERY part for the engine you mentioned. There is so much info it can get hard to navigate. Take your time and look at their site. Try to use a computer. I find the phone hard to use there to search. JMO

Thanks for the suggestion jsstump#70 but the boats.net site doesn't give you manufacture dates for the parts. :(

Back