Margay Brava 4 Rear Help

Mac_49

Margay seems to be tied up these days so I'm reaching out to you all.
I'm curious about the rear bumper on this thing. Torsion bar used on the rear? If that's normal I apologize, just never seen it used on any sprint chassis I've raced or raced against. What are they trying to control with it back there?
Also, the bumper is at an angle out of the chassis....does someone make full bumpers with that setup or is there an adapter or would it be a custom built one?

Attachments

• Margay.jpg
    Margay.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 48
Well gosh dangit I'll be the first to admit I didn't see that when looking around lol.

What about the rear torsion bar? What's the thought behind that?

The rear torsion bar REALLY tightens up the rear end. I assume they sent it with the kart (I've seem other manufacturer do the same...but YEARS ago).
Like you, I've never seen anybody use one in the rear. They might help in the rain, I'm not really sure. But even in the rain, we never use one.
When I cleaned out our old trailer, after we got the new one, I think I recycles about 5 of the things!!
Take it out, stick it in the back of the trailer somewhere, then recycle it years from now!!!
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Take the rear bar out. If you are not required to run a full width bumper leave that one on the kart. The angle makes no difference. It is a good bumper. Insure it floats a little in the mounts. You DO NOT want a stiff rear bumper or nerf bars.

Take front bar out if installed, Straight pills on bottom of front spindles for both side. Put a full offset on top both sides and rotate to take caster out. Run a large and medium wheel spacer on the inside on the left and right front. Set the rear wheels so you can get 4.5-5 finger width between the bearing hanger and the inside edge of the rear wheel. That will be a good start.

Last edited:
Back