Margay pro-x

drone

Looking for the specs on it.Would like to restore it.(wheels and tire sizes,brake hardware) Thanks

I have some American wheel halves if you want them. Cost of shipping. Includes O-rings and Pinch seals.

Thanks for the offer Ted.I have a three sets of douglas rims that came with it.just wondering what the original rear tire size was.the rears i have are 8'' and 10''. fronts are 5''

Thanks for the offer Ted.I have a three sets of douglas rims that came with it.just wondering what the original rear tire size was.the rears i have are 8'' and 10''. fronts are 5''
It likely came with 5" diameter wheels, about 4.5 inch wide tires in the rear and 3 inch wide or so in the front. You could contact Margay, they may know for sure. More replies here too will likely pop up from guys familiar with the margays. The vkakarting.com site may be of help as well. Hope this helps.

I have a set of hubs that lets you use Euro rims on the American hardware. Let me know if you're interested. They're from BMI and billet. Quite nice. I had them on my Pro-X to use my regular sprint wheels.

1645797664300.png
1645797716145.png

I don't know spacing based on bolt hole spread vs. diameter, but that sounds American, which I'd suspect due to it being an American chassis.

i have a 100% un adulterated Margay Panther Pro X / Panther X that was bought for my 5th birthday . The kart was bought at a Western Auto that was going out of business and they were selling off old or out of date merchandise and my dad bought it for less than $500 . It came with series 24 2pc wheels in the front and 3 pc wheels in the back . Fronts are 6.0 x 4.00 and are 5/8 spindle mounts rears are 6.0 x 6.00 that includes a 2.5 inch spacer ring and are keyed for a 5/16 x 5/16 slot on a 7/8 step to 1 inch axle mount . I have swapped it over to hubs and BMI has some excellent ones that retain the original axle key size and slot axle and the original front spindles and they are on either a 1/4 20 3 stud sae spacing or on a 5/16 20 3 stud sae spacing . They actually have the same exact kit i bought . All 4 hubs with choice or 5/8 or 3/4 bearings for just over $46 plus shipping .

Back