Margay Straight up

JanGaLanG

Me and my brother in law bought a couple straight up margays to play around with in the off season. The hubs are huge and won't accept our wheels so we're just going to try and find some tires to fit the old wheels but are having trouble finding some. The front wheels are skinny and the tires on them are 11/4-5 and the rear tires are 7.5/11.5/5. Could I find some lawn mower tires or something to fit on these wheels?

call Acceleration Karting they practically Gave me a set of used tires for a project i did a while back. Any asphalt driver will be removing tires a lot if your just looking for something to goof around on.

These things are rough man. Not sure on the year or anything but they are def old.
Like Flattop says, I'd check out their value before doing anything to them. Generally speaking, old Margays are highly collectable! The Margay website has a very nice vintage section to help you determine what you have. I'd say the odds are very good that you could flip them and make a nice little piece of change on them if you didn't want to restore them yourself. People into vintage have brought some really rough equipment back to show-worthy condition. I know, because I'm one of them! Vintage karting is really big now and getting bigger every day. It might be worth your while to look into it before you do anything.

Like Flattop says, I'd check out their value before doing anything to them. Generally speaking, old Margays are highly collectable! The Margay website has a very nice vintage section to help you determine what you have. I'd say the odds are very good that you could flip them and make a nice little piece of change on them if you didn't want to restore them yourself. People into vintage have brought some really rough equipment back to show-worthy condition. I know, because I'm one of them! Vintage karting is really big now and getting bigger every day. It might be worth your while to look into it before you do anything.
I'll look into it if I cant seem to figure it out I might post some pictures.

I have 4 Douglas polished front wheels for European spaced hubs (new) with 4 used tires on them if that's what your looking for. they were from a college project and just taking up space in my garage. let me know if you're interested. throw a picture of these things up as I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how old these things are or what you're looking for.

Back