Marsh Creek / Chester County Raceway activity

Seeing as how I don't live far away from the former Marsh Creek speedway, I recently noticed some major activity going on at the speedway again. All of the old fencing was torn out, new LED lighting installed complete with new wiring, lots of grading and draining improvements plus a general cleanup, and improvements in the pit area and the parking lot by the front straightaway. There was also an addition to the track in turns 3 and 4 that looked very much like a quarter midget track being started.

So today I noticed some people out there and decided to stop by to see what was going on. I met this guy Josh there and he told me that quarter midget racing is going to get started there shortly, as well as a resumption of kart racing at the facility. Seems there is a group of new owners and they are very interested in keeping racing alive there.

So much so, I was told that in June the entire track will be repaved.

I don't know about any of you out there, but to me, this is great news as I was very fortunate to have raced there years before. I'm definitely going to keep an eye for further developments.

Fast Eddie

Really liked that track we went to it back in the '90s, glad to hear that its going to start racing again.

Attachments

• glan.jpg
    glan.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 25
Back