Max bore # for 2014?

I know it was 2.685 in the past just not written in the 2014 that went to the printers. So I was asking to make sure.

Thanks LEGGS

2.685 max. The reason it wasn't in the rules that went to the printer is because that was not a change. The only things that went to the printer that was posted on the forum were measurements that were added to items and additions or deletions to the writing in the 2013 book.

2.685 max. The reason it wasn't in the rules that went to the printer is because that was not a change. The only things that went to the printer that was posted on the forum were measurements that were added to items and additions or deletions to the writing in the 2013 book.

is the +/- .005 tolerance when comparing part to known stock part, included in the 2.685 or can ya really go 2.690 ?

Yeah but no engine ever came from China with a 2.682 or larger bore. So if a bore is that big then the cylinder has obviously been altered and would therefore be illegal. The rules say no alterations unless specifically noted and it does not say you can hone the cylinder. No it is not a given that you can hone, no where does it say you can. Honing is altering and there's no way you can argue otherwise.

Kind of a stupid argument isn't it. I think so, just as crazy as putting specs on the throttle shaft, lifters, valves, wrist pin and piston then telling folks they can't meet the spec. Why? because it says no altering of any parts. So why is it ok to alter the cylinder but nothing else, and don't spout that "If I can't see it I can't call it." BS. A six year old could see that the cylinder had been altered but no one calls it.

Ok that's all the trouble I will cause this week. LOL

I know nothing about motors so.... Are there any performance advantages to the 2014 rules updates for the AKRA Box Stock motors?

Back