max rpm and temp

We turn ours ~6750 to be safe, which even that really is pushing it. We turned one of ours 7100 and it blew the rod through the top of the block (bump draft lifted rear tires at full throttle) Depends on your cam and spring setup really. We also try to keep our temps in the range of 380-420 I've seen them reach 475 without blowing head gaskets but around 450 you start seeing issues with them.

You guys are turning box stock clones 6500+? I must be missing something here, box stock clones to me means stock airbox, stock flywheel and weenie pipe, im not seeing how you are turning them that hard and making any speed. At the track i raced at in box stock, and i mean tru box stock with stock everything except a weenie pipe, we turn them no more than 5900, anything over that is just making noise and not making any speed. Believe it or not, i made the best lap times and speed only turning the motor at 5750-5800 95% of the time, just need the right gearing to get you there. Maybe im missing something with the box stocks you guys are running lol

We turn ours ~6750 to be safe, which even that really is pushing it. We turned one of ours 7100 and it blew the rod through the top of the block (bump draft lifted rear tires at full throttle) Depends on your cam and spring setup really. We also try to keep our temps in the range of 380-420 I've seen them reach 475 without blowing head gaskets but around 450 you start seeing issues with them.

...as we are instursted to holler 'in-the-war-zone'.................."GRENADE"!!!! :)

You guys are turning box stock clones 6500+? I must be missing something here, box stock clones to me means stock airbox, stock flywheel and weenie pipe, im not seeing how you are turning them that hard and making any speed. At the track i raced at in box stock, and i mean tru box stock with stock everything except a weenie pipe, we turn them no more than 5900, anything over that is just making noise and not making any speed. Believe it or not, i made the best lap times and speed only turning the motor at 5750-5800 95% of the time, just need the right gearing to get you there. Maybe im missing something with the box stocks you guys are running lol
All of that just depends on the 'color-of-the-kool-aid'....(U-knw that!)

Derek.. at 7100 RPM's I would've liked to seen inside it..lol But yes we have turned ours 6700 too.. you do put together a really tight engine..

Depends on pipe? My track has a class called box stock clone but we are on small pipe. I turn it round 6200 at max. Don't run mine much over 400 degrees

Around here box stock is the same engine as big pipe unrestricted, just has a weenie pipe.

that would make a little more sense to why so many rpms but still 6700+ is pushing it lol i hope that isnt with a steel flywheel!

Well, at our local track, one of my customers won several races in the weenie pipe class turning 6000 to 6200 max, so I don't know about the higher rpms (unless the track is just a lot different)

Well, at our local track, one of my customers won several races in the weenie pipe class turning 6000 to 6200 max, so I don't know about the higher rpms (unless the track is just a lot different)

We race with SIRA and we do Grand Prix style street racing. we may see as many as 3 different setups and gear ratios that may work but usually to pull off the corners of 6 or 8 turns means we'll wind it up down at least 1 long straight. It's a different game with different competition. Everyone has the option of being fast at these races with the right set up..

Back