Max Torque with 10T gear.

DirtDgr

I am running a Max Torque SS with a 10 tooth on it. It has no bushing or bearing to rides right on the shaft. They say to use anti seize for lubricant and even send a little with it.

But I can hardly get through a might with it starting to get pretty sticky.

Any better ideas for lubrication that wont get all over the drums?

Any other 10 tooth options out there? I cant e. run one out board because of my wide seat. So Hilliard is not an option. No room. Drum clutch only. 425 lb kart and driver clone.

Thanks!

I belive in never sieze . silver or copper . ? maybe switch .
A night is all you can expect . actually better then expected , might try a drop of oil efore the final .
could try a high tech high temp synthetic grease .

Use the BA customs driver. It contains a needle bearing. It's the small pattern developed by smc that most people call the bully pattern. Can be used with any clutch that uses small pattern drivers. If the supply problem is fixed any good shop will have them or get direct from Ron Rollins stealth clutches.

Use the BA customs driver. It contains a needle bearing. It's the small pattern developed by smc that most people call the bully pattern. Can be used with any clutch that uses small pattern drivers. If the supply problem is fixed any good shop will have them or get direct from Ron Rollins stealth clutches.
Wow! Those look nice!
I will be contacting them for sure! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8625.jpeg
    IMG_8625.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 30
I belive in never sieze . silver or copper . ? maybe switch .
A night is all you can expect . actually better then expected , might try a drop of oil efore the final .
could try a high tech high temp synthetic grease .
This is what they send. Nickel based.

Attachments

• IMG_8587.jpeg
    IMG_8587.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 10
Two things to think about when you you put on the anti-seize. If it is inboard mounted the anti-seize goes on the crankshaft where the sprocket is going to sit and give it a shot of WD-40 after you put the anti-seize on the crank. If you are outboard mount put the anti-seize in the bore of the sprocket and give it a shot of WD-40 also so the anti-seize in more runny and not so sticky. You could also use you a good automotive grease. The statement that it is only in use when the kart is at idle is CORRECT. Once you are rolling the clutch is turning as one piece of steel.

I've used hi-temp copper never seize with a drop of Marvel Mystery Oil to thin it out successfully over the years. Getting a full night out of it is about all you can expect though -- the more often you take it apart to clean and re-lube, the better.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com