Maxxis Burris 33a Closest Equivalent?

Taking my friend to his first race this weekend. He has a set of Maxxis Blues, I have a set of Maxxis Reds I'm willing to let him use. Which would be closer to the feel of a 33? We will be racing at tracks that require Burris tires, so I'd like to start him on a decent representation of what it would feel like on a set of 33s.

That's to broad of a question for anyone to answer giving close comparison , with out know full details about the 33 it takes , big difference in a 33 straight up never prepped, and a soaked 33 , even with full details the comparison is still going to be somewhat vague.

Taking my friend to his first race this weekend. He has a set of Maxxis Blues, I have a set of Maxxis Reds I'm willing to let him use. Which would be closer to the feel of a 33? We will be racing at tracks that require Burris tires, so I'd like to start him on a decent representation of what it would feel like on a set of 33s.
Maxxis blues and pinks, or just blues?
Maxxis dont make a "red" tire, its most likely faded orange which is the El tire.
Either way, the pinks and blues are actually a racing tire while the El is a spec tire.

Neither will feel anything like Burris 33s.
The Blues will likely be hard as a rock considering how old they are.
Prep the snot out of them and get him out there making laps.
The smile will be worth it. Then get him a set of Burris so he can be competitive (and legal.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back