Maxxis to reaper

Timbob25

What would the duro difference be from maxxis to reaper?? For instance if my maxxis are punching 50 what should the reapers be punching? Just curious. Never ran reapers. Thanks in advance

I wouldn't chase duro number take a new set of reapers and just keep running them, flip them if needed, the duro on the reapers come right back after each heat cycle even goes up slightly, but to put a number on it 6 to 8 points more.

I agree. The Reaper is going to be prepped different from a Maxxis especially on inside treatment therefore it will always be harder.

What little we've worked with the Reaper tires, they like little to no internal. Certainly less than Maxxis and something that doesn't break the sidewalls down near as much.
I'd say 5 points harder is a good starting point -- not always going to be the case, but I can see that. I would be more concerned with how much bite they're making and then watch the wear (or lack thereof) to see if you need to go any softer.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

What little we've worked with the Reaper tires, they like little to no internal. Certainly less than Maxxis and something that doesn't break the sidewalls down near as much.
I'd say 5 points harder is a good starting point -- not always going to be the case, but I can see that. I would be more concerned with how much bite they're making and then watch the wear (or lack thereof) to see if you need to go any softer.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Are yall running high air on reapers?..

Anything Similar To the EL Tires? We always ran EL Harder than a pink with little Inside prep
I think there's actually some similarity to the ELs. They cut goofy and react differently to internal like an EL. The sidewalls break down quickly and you see guys throwing fresh tires on the car every time they go to the grid at some races. (Some of that is due to harsh preps, other I suspect is because of the fresh sidewall.) They seem to like a bit harder duro than a Maxxis on the same track (5 points or so.)
I'm not a big fan of them, but when that's the spec tire, you need to figure out what works, and quicker than the guys you're racing against.

Back