Mayfield pleads guilty

112racing

got off easy

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. – Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield plead guilty on Monday to two counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods and one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Mayfield, a winner of five Sprint Cup races in 433 starts, will not spend any time in jail thanks to a plea deal. Mayfield will be required to pay More than $88,000 in restitution to the victims. $60,000 of that was paid on Monday, with the remainder expected to be paid Tuesday.

He will also serve a 45-day suspended sentence and 18 months of unsupervised probation. Mayfield was suspended by NASCAR in 2009 after testing positive for methamphetamine.

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/nascar/sprint-cup-nascar/mayfield-guilty-of-three-misdemeanors/

Its about time that he fessed up. I was a fan of his deep into this whole ordeal, but there was a point where I realized that its not just coincidental that trouble follows him around.

He is a Criminal Informant , he turned evidence in on his group of dopers and dealers and the guys who was buying his stolen merchandice , so he only got a spank on the but in court !!! heck unsupervised probation !! REALLY why did they even waste the time turning on the lights in the courtroom !?!?!?!?!!?

"Mayfield was suspended by NASCAR in 2009 after testing positive for methamphetamine."

He will probably be able to collect workers compensation because it was job related. This leaves the door open for him to sue NASCAR because the length of the races, required him to use the drugs in the workplace. And NASCAR is guilty and aware drivers use drugs because that is the reason for testing.

Sadly, I really liked the kid, especially the way he refused to give an inch to the late Dale Sr. Unfortunately Jeremy was too busy in ways other than those we were able to catch on to. Had he kept clean, he'd have had a great career behind the wheel. I hope there are kids today that will at least learn by this.

the guy has been a druggie since he left owensboro. Everyone should quit feeling sorry for him. A lot of his family back here in owensboro are druggies too. Not all but most. Not saying he was using this time but all of the nascar family knows this. That's why the doctor that did that test was acting that way when he called about the test results(which was wrong of the doctor). he failed a drug test in the off season for evernham and was fired got clean and no one every heard about that. owensboro doesn't feel feel sorry for him and no one else should either. He needs to suck it up and go do the road to recovery so he can drive again.

Back