Medicare Advantage discussion for old farts or (to whom it may concern)

paulkish

old fart
IMHO what Medicare Advantage does is switch your pay it to our Government for Medicare and have our Government service you for what you pay and then have a separate company you also pay for get billed for the difference too: ... have ya ever paid a nickel to anyone who didn't take a cut out of the nickel you paid for something or some service?

With Medicare Advantage all your money both Medicare payment and supplement payment goes to the company you pick and instead of your Government servicing you at cost. The now Medicare Advantage company takes their cut out of both your Medicare "nickel" and your supplement "nickel".

Be careful because the fine print reads co payments may increase because of the nickel they take that Medicare does not take because of their services.
The hook is you'll monthly save approximately $232 and all the other crap your either already entitled to or not, for them to hook you into more co pay and take a cut out of your total bill. And your going to have to put up with the bull crap involved paying all those co pays you didn't pay before.

or is it and I'm wrong???

I say your right . Two pepole funneling your benifits equals some how your getting the shaft . Sure i need a gym mebership , if i ever went :) . Eye care is a surcharge . Dental yea right . Any time they tell ya your getting free stuff its costing you some where . They just cover yoi up with worthless reams of paper that a lawyer can not decipher .

Add to the above that just because you're on Medicare doesn't mean they will cover you. The only accept people who are low-risk in medical costs. I've been insulin dependent since I was a boy and use an insulin pump that requires a pretty expensive insulin and because of that, they wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole.

they wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole.
Who's "they"? I've had a quad bypass and cancer and they cover me.
The insulin would come under Part D, and I'm sure it's a higher Tier classification. It's all spelled out under whichever Part D plan you end up subscribing to.
Starting in 2023, medicare insulin costs are capped at $35 to the patient for a one month supply whether the deductible is met or not.

Who's "they"? I've had a quad bypass and cancer and they cover me.
The insulin would come under Part D, and I'm sure it's a higher Tier classification. It's all spelled out under whichever Part D plan you end up subscribing to.
Starting in 2023, medicare insulin costs are capped at $35 to the patient for a one month supply whether the deductible is met or not.
Any of the dozens of companies who have called.

IMHO what Medicare Advantage does is switch your pay it to our Government for Medicare and have our Government service you for what you pay and then have a separate company you also pay for get billed for the difference too
All billing is between the hospital and the insurance. The government pays Advantage insurance companies for each person who signs up for Part C out of Part B and medicare taxes.

Yeah I feel the same way but once in a while I will play along with them, make them answer a bunch of questions, and in general waste their time. They hate that. Hoping to get placed on some sort of national Do Not Call list. :)

Two questions come too mind .
Everyone I know who uses medicare advantage loves it .
Apart from the fact they must be getting a piece of the pie .
What are the down sides ?
Now how about supplemental insurance ? Is it really necessary or even needed .
The the 35 dollar insulin .
My notice from atena says . Insulin will be 35 dollars if its a covered med .
That seems like double talk for if you use the fast acting out of a vial with syringes . Not the pumps or pens .

Mine touted free eye exam , frames and lenses.
went to optometrist, Exam was free, But the frames and lenses had to be specific brand name that almost no one handles. Why ? they are like the clone, Not the origional quality, but the cheapest frames and lenses made on planet earth. And only available at some discount stores.

I haven't gotten one call about a better deal .
I tout that to the fact i have stuck with my original choices and made zero inquiries.

Now that the advertissing is over . How about supplemental plans .
Mine just paid 7.77$ medicare paid the rest , except whatever gets billed to me .
It has really never paid much except maybe my co pays , i think it pays them .
I have the feeling unless theres some catostophic medical issue im wasting my money. Of cousrse its insurance against that . Until that event its a cost with little benifit .

Back