Methanol Price

VP is the most expensive option .
Usually so but VP is a chemical based and Sunoco is an Oil based. There fore in most applications VP is better because it makes the best power. VP and Sunoco race fuels feel way different to the touch and everything. I am a big VP guy and I like M5 because it makes a little bit more power than standard M1.

Usually so but VP is a chemical based and Sunoco is an Oil based. There fore in most applications VP is better because it makes the best power. VP and Sunoco race fuels feel way different to the touch and everything. I am a big VP guy and I like M5 because it makes a little bit more power than standard M1.
M5 is not applicable in karting. When using methanol there is to be no additives. If I remember right m5 has nitro in it and will fail fuel test. We had a vp dealer a few years back that would give us a free 5 gallon can of m1 for every feature night we won. Issue was that he closed the station down the next year. We did receive about 30 gallons that season which lasted us the whole next season.

M5 is not applicable in karting. When using methanol there is to be no additives. If I remember right m5 has nitro in it and will fail fuel test. We had a vp dealer a few years back that would give us a free 5 gallon can of m1 for every feature night we won. Issue was that he closed the station down the next year. We did receive about 30 gallons that season which lasted us the whole next season.
I didnt think about that. I was thinking it was just for an open motor where they don't test fuel. It should work fine if they don't have fuel check and let you run whatever but that is correct if they are checking for M1 then M5 wont pass.

What keeps guys from putting something else in the tank? never been to a pump around.
Theres a say 30 gallon tank of fresh fuel . You pull up they suck you dry .
It goes in with the fresh.
Then top you off . Or whatever level you like . Race/qualify . Return with empty tank refill .
If you return with fuel back to the pitts to empty , no fuel for you till empty .
So feasably there could be some contamination on initall procedure .
Never pulled up with purple fuel so not sure how they would handle that . I assume turn you away. The dilution would negate or give everyone the advantage/disadvantage, of course some bad apple spoils it .

I buy mine from a vendor at the track. Even at 6 bucks a gallon its cheaper than driving to get $4 fuel somewhere, and I dont have storage worries. Past couple of years we were buying 55 gallon drums of it. And you know what? At the end of the day weve paid less for race fuel than PARKING MY TRAILER. Rant over, carry on.

VP's Methanol is the same as anyone else's, just a different package.
There isn't any oil in Methanol, it's made just like moonshine

Methanol is primarily made from Natural Gas still, Jamie.
Ethanol, on the other hand, is corn based like moonshine.
I remember years ago hearing how the environmentalist movement pushed methanol production off of wood base for fear of running out of trees and driving the price of lumber up, (Back when a 2X4 was $.99 cents or less.) The way I was told was that they were using bark and waste wood anyhow, but government still forced them out. Several manufacturers/distillers went out of business about that time and the price of alcohol went up dramatically. Then the government got involved in subsidizing ethanol production that uses corn and other plant waste as a bio-fuel that would be safer for the environment (we still have an ethanol plant here in our small town.) Basically same emissions as methanol (although certainly sweeter smelling) but then drove up the price of corn which reduced the government price guarantees/subsidies to farmers. Next came the mandate for gas refiners to use minimum of 10% blend in their pump gas in northern and midwest states and the nation's 20 largest cities. They have since reduced subsidies to ethanol producers and moved that money to other renewable sources (primarily wind and solar.) With natural gas prices spiking currently, expect methanol prices to continue to increase for a while. Once us northerners turn our heaters off for the summer, the demand for natural gas will drop and methanol prices will come down slightly, but don't expect it to ever return to the prices we saw in years past. Result of all this government "intervention"/meddling is that we all pay more. Methanol is $4/gal. here in Indiana.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I have a 55 gallon drum with at least 40 gallons (we bought it last year and only raced 5 JR features), that I would sell today for $150. Has a metal cap, a cheap siphon pump, and a 2 gallon can ill throw in. Located in Southwest Michigan. Not VP. 2693661029

How did I know moonshine would come into this lol. I got 2 gallons (methanol not moonshine) free from a guy that took it out of an almost empty 55 gal drum. It had so much water in it, it would not catch fire with an open flame just boiled away.

I buy mine from a vendor at the track. Even at 6 bucks a gallon its cheaper than driving to get $4 fuel somewhere, and I dont have storage worries. Past couple of years we were buying 55 gallon drums of it. And you know what? At the end of the day weve paid less for race fuel than PARKING MY TRAILER. Rant over, carry on.
I think I know exactly what your talking about Mike.

Someone has been doing there home work,,good explanation

Back