MG HZ, Bridgestone YLC, Hoosier R60 or Burris 55 What tire would run ?

morehorsepower

MG HZ, Bridgestone YLC, Hoosier R60 or Burris 55 What tire would you run and why ? What tire is going to give me 2 good days of racing ?

You ask somebody to write a book and then wonder why they don't??

Many times people ask questions just to see if they can get some kind of response. Many times those questions come with no details whatsoever, something like yours. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you can see the problem, I hope.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

The only input I can give is on the YLC. If you are going to run a 7.10 rear you can get 4 or 5 weekends out of it. At least. If you flip them on the rim, even more. I find the front tires give up the ghost at the 30-35 lap mark. You have about 3 weekends of rubber on them, but you will find yourself going a half second slower with an incurable push on entry once you get to that third weekend.

I have not run the MG or or Hoosier tire. I know the Burris 55 is very hard compared to the other tires you mentioned, and will last a really long time. However, it will require a bit of prep to make speed.

If your track allows 6 inch daimeter rubber, the Hoosier A40 has won a few street races over the last few months. It is comparable to a Vega Yellow (MBS?). From the tires you listed, Im assuming you have to run 5 inch. Just some food for thought though.

Thanks we are running 5" wheels in sprint karting . And this is the race we want to go to .IKF Rules
The 4 Cycle Super Showdown
presented by Briggs and Stratton
PKRA Glendale, Arizona
5 classes, 6 heat races each, over 90 laps of racing.
90 minutes of on track practice time available for each class.
Classes
World Formula Medium - 16 years and up -365lbs.
World Formula Heavy - 16 years and up -390lbs.
World Formula Junior – 12 to 15 years – 325lbs
LO206 Cadet – 7 to 11 – 240lbs
LO206 Senior - 16 years and up -370lbs.

Each heat will be longer and worth more points than the previous heat. Points will accumulate and the grid will line up based on total points. The winner of the showdown will be the driver with the most points accumulated over the 6 heats.
Fuel: MS98 at Market price available at the track.
Tires: MG HZ, Bridgestone YLC, Hoosier R60 or Burris 55, driver choice, one set to be used for both race days.

Thanks we are running 5" wheels in sprint karting . And this is the race we want to go to .IKF Rules
The 4 Cycle Super Showdown
presented by Briggs and Stratton
PKRA Glendale, Arizona
5 classes, 6 heat races each, over 90 laps of racing.
90 minutes of on track practice time available for each class.
Classes
World Formula Medium - 16 years and up -365lbs.
World Formula Heavy - 16 years and up -390lbs.
World Formula Junior – 12 to 15 years – 325lbs
LO206 Cadet – 7 to 11 – 240lbs
LO206 Senior - 16 years and up -370lbs.

Each heat will be longer and worth more points than the previous heat. Points will accumulate and the grid will line up based on total points. The winner of the showdown will be the driver with the most points accumulated over the 6 heats.
Fuel: MS98 at Market price available at the track.
Tires: MG HZ, Bridgestone YLC, Hoosier R60 or Burris 55, driver choice, one set to be used for both race days.

Our track runs MG FZ (yellow) and they have a lot of grip. The HZ (red) is a harder compound and will be a very good tire for you. We've had 500 lap endurance races and the MG HZ tires last the entire race. I once tried some Bridgestone YLC just because I had them and thought I was driving on ice compared to the MG yellows.

Presented by Briggs and Stratton huh? I keep seeing comments that Briggs doesn't do anything for karters. Interesting. I wonder if they are any races "Presented by Lifan" LOL

Back