Microstock touring series check it out

MICROSTOCKS!

This season we are happy to announce that we will have a new 12 race series to run.

The Amsoil MSRS Championship Tour

It will consist of 12 races on a large variety of tracks. A mix of asphalt and dirt tracks. This will give drivers the opportunity to show their talent on a different track each race. We even have a road course race in the mix. This is a shot to expand interest in microstock racing to different areas.

The season will have a point chase for drivers and owners as well. There will be a very substantial point fund in place to make it worthwhile to run the series. There will also be a purse for each event we run. Get those cars out of garages and trailers. Bring them out this season. The more we get the more you get paid.

This series will be the Briggs LO 206 class, 475 lb min weight. The rules will be the same rule package that is in effect right now for the class. Rule books will be available shortly. The tour will run open tire rules on asphalt tracks and a Burris tire rule on dirt tracks.

The partnering tracks will be:
1. Snydersville Raceway
2. Oreville Kart Club
3. Shellhammers Dirt Track
4. Mahoning Valley
5. Bethel Speedway
6. Greenwood Valley

Snydersville will be on the schedule. Snydersville is a small 1/7th mile bullring with a amazingly smooth track surface.
The Doug Hoffman Memorial will be held at Snydersville this season with a 60 lap tribute to the late Doug Hoffman. This race is not affiliated with the Amsoil tour series. Snydersville runs on Friday nights.

Oreville is a very fast 1/10th mile asphalt oval. There is amazing racing with lots of passing on this track.

This year will the return of the microstocks to the road course at Oreville. The tricky right turn adds an astonishing amount of excitement to the races at Oreville. There is also a hairpin turn to maneuver after that. Oreville runs on Sunday afternoons.

Shellhammers dirt track is a new addition to microstocks this season with biweekly races on Saturdays. Shellhammers will kick off the Amsoil tour series on April 25th. This track is a dirt track with all kinds of room to pass. Expect to see 3 and even 4 wide racing here.

Mahoning Valley is a 1/4 mile asphalt track, the fastest track microstocks run on; Talladega style racing here. Lots of fun. The events are held on Saturday nights.

Bethel is a beautiful 1/4 mile asphalt track located near the original Woodstock in lower NY State. The racing here is fantastic for microstocks. Plenty of room with long straightaways.

Greenwood Valley is another beautiful dirt track. The microstocks will make their return there for the first time in many many years. Greenwood Valley is a 1/5th mile track with tons of room located just northwest of Bloomsburg PA. Racing events take place on Saturdays.

I can't stress this enough, everyone that has microstocks get them out, run them or sell them to someone to run! Let's bring this class back to what it used to be, 20 to 30 cars weekly at local tracks. It is by far one of the most fun and affordable race series out there. Motors are available to purchase from Greensweigs Kart Shop in Kunkletown PA and also Shupps Kart Shop in Bath PA.

I will open a group page for this series, please join. I will post schedules, updates, etc. on the page. I will also post the schedule in the comments for this post.

We have a few sponsors for our series so far. If anyone wants to get on board please contact me. You will be mentioned weekly in posts throughout the season.

I know I did not go over much on here, just getting the word out. We will have a rules meeting in February to go over everything. Any questions feel free to message me. I will do the best I can to answer any questions you have.
1578754160196.png

Back