Mikuni Caburetor Issues

Eric Kartman

I’m in need of help! I’ve got a predator 212cc with a stage 2 kit I bought from gopowersports.com. It came with a Mikuni vm 22 round slide carburetor. This is my issue, whenever I start it up it revs out of control, I can even back the idle screw all the way off and it still revs way too high. It’s not a throttle linkage issue either the slide sits right at the bottom with the linkage connected or disconnected, it still revs out of control. I don’t think it’s a jetting issue because I’ve changed my pilot jet and main jet sizes many times, I’ve changed my jet needle position many times and the air/fuel screw a lot and none of it’s helped. I swear the first time I started my engine with this kit and carb installed it ran perfect, when I put it on my go kart the idle screw was over adjusted and when I started it, it ran up a wall and smacked the carburetor hard against the ground. (My clutch isn’t locked up either) After that, my choke linkage would stick half the time and the other half it would jiggle and act loose. Whenever I start it with the choke on it revs way too high and when I even barely jiggle my choke lever it dies instantly. The plunger bore is slightly galled up along with the plunger and that’s why it sticks. So I’m guessing it’s either the choke or maybe an air leak but I’ve looked at it over a dozen times, disassembled and cleaned it, and still don’t know what the problem is. I might get a new carb for it but was wondering if anyone had an idea of what it might be. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

It has to be getting air from some where .
Plunger , spacer, gaskets ,cracked carb or slide or bent studs even cracked head if it hit that hard .

Back