Mikuni carbs

Scoremaster

Just out of curiosity is anyone running these on the mildly built Hemi.
I was thinking like the 22mm would do the trick.
Are they easier to work with ,on.
Just asking for some advice before getting to far involved or should I just stick with a clone carb .
My track is a rwyb so no worries on that .

they work alot better for rwyb than a stock clone type carb does...you could use a 22 or 24mm slide carb with a good cam, springs, flywheel and rod and have a pretty stout mild built engine. Or get with Barry Young and order one of his head/carb combo's and bolt it on. One of his customers recently put up dyno sheet of an engine he built with a Young head/carb combo that made 27hp with a gx390 carb and custom head that Barry did for him, on a stock bore stock stroke predator engine....which is really good numbers for a stock bore and stroke predator, plenty power to win races

Also should say trying not to get into to much funds I can find a 22 mikuni here to tinker with just didn't know who or if anyone was running them and results .
But I may have to give Barry a call

I have a 28mm mikuni slide carb on my predator and it made nice improvement to low and mid range power, havent hit high rpms because i still have stock flywheel, also better throttle response. Made a steel intake to fit it, head is lightly ported and milled 45thous. Bsp 3, rtc 8 head. Fairly cheap on ebay.

I have a 28mm mikuni slide carb on my predator and it made nice improvement to low and mid range power, havent hit high rpms because i still have stock flywheel, also better throttle response. Made a steel intake to fit it, head is lightly ported and milled 45thous. Bsp 3, rtc 8 head. Fairly cheap on ebay.

What size jets did you use if you don't mind? I have the same size carb and never got it right.

What size jets did you use if you don't mind? I have the same size carb and never got it right.
I didnt have to change the jets, just adjusted the needle height. Just tuned from there. I had it on a hemi head first, ran good but it likes the rtc 8 better.

Back