MINecon

Packman88

Got 2017 MINEcon trying to get cross and left side to what phantom has on their recommended sheets on website. Really struggling to get it there. Caster and Camber are what they recommended. 270 lb predator class. For some reason we have a ton of nose weight. And like I said we are having a hard time getting cross and and left side.

No ballast added at this time as we make weight without it, and trying to keep kart light as possible. We messed around placing some lead on left side and left rear of seat and didn't gain much. We have not messed with moving spindles yet. And I believe the rear axle is set on standard ride heights. We are running hoosier treaded tires and suggestions on where we should be on stagger ? Any help on both issues is greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you need to move the seat, Left and back, what is the nose percentage ?

We did move the seat as far back and left as we could for my boy. We started out with 49% nose snd got it down to 47.1 We did get cross close I think we are little high we are currently at :

67.5 cross

54.7 left side

47.1 nose

Lower cross to 65 % by moving washers on the spindles, what are the cambers set at ? How big is the track ?

1\7 miles one is tight corners the other sweeping corners. Camber is what they suggested I believe -2.50 on rf..I am not 100% on this one because the gauge I have won't read that low and we are +.25 on lf. Caster is 10 on rf and 7 on lf

If your saying your out of adjustment the one way ? if so SOMETHING is screwed up. are the heims the same on both fronts ?

Heims appear to be same length and everything. I was able to set camber on lf no problem it had threads either way you wanted to go. On the rf the heims is ran all the way in. Basically bottomed out.

Last edited:
That is unusual, for the hiem to be all the way in .
All the way in is max camber most likely -3.50 or more .
Put whatever your using for a canber gauge on and set it too zero for a reference, then adjust it back too -2.50 .
What about the spacer in or out ?

That is unusual, for the hiem to be all the way in .
All the way in is max camber most likely -3.50 or more .
Put whatever your using for a canber gauge on and set it too zero for a reference, then adjust it back too -2.50 .
What about the spacer in or out ?

My camber guage wont read up to -2.50 or I am reading it wrong. As far as the spacer I am not sure , this is new to me, should it be between the frame and spindle ?

Between the frame and the L-Block .
Yes something is off with the camber gauge , never saw one that won't read -2.5 ,
What brand/ type is it ?
I belive you need to rethink the %'s 47 nose may be ok the 65 cross on treads i do not like . More around 60 maybe 58 .
You may need pedal extensions to better situate the seat and driver combo.
Have you been racing this setup ?

Between the frame and the L-Block .
Yes something is off with the camber gauge , never saw one that won't read -2.5 ,
What brand/ type is it ?
I belive you need to rethink the %'s 47 nose may be ok the 65 cross on treads i do not like . More around 60 maybe 58 .
You may need pedal extensions to better situate the seat and driver combo.
Have you been racing this setup ?

The cambrr guage is the accutoe that will thread onto the spindle. It has a left and right. As far as percentages i was just trying to get as close as possible to what phantom has recommended. We have not ran this set up, we was a triton jr previous year.

Any camber gauge I've ever seen goes to a min -6 to + 6. some go more.
Where's the motor sitting ? move it as far left as possible and line the back of the motor mount up with the rear nerf bar post.

Any camber gauge I've ever seen goes to a min -6 to + 6. some go more.
Where's the motor sitting ? move it as far left as possible and line the back of the motor mount up with the rear nerf bar post.

I could possibly be reading it wrong tge, I will double check here shortly. As far as that motor I will do some looking, I know previous it was stated to get it back , it may be forward a bit much, due to.the fact I used the chain that came on it

Screenshot_20190903-115711_Chrome.jpg

Back