Mini Gear setups Part 2!

I don't believe it's ever been in the rule book, and I started karting in 966.
Been a rule for as long as i can remember, and until last year there was talk of not allowing the small gears, until they did say it was ok to use.
Now this is of course about oval dirt racing, and like you always say, you have no experience so i understand you not knowing the rules.

So we tested the small gear setup in practice but it was the outer groove and track was wet and tacky. No reliable data at all. The engine turned correct RPM and kart looked decent against the rest of the field but I wasn't going to chance it any further given the caliber of race we were at and immediately went to the 17 driver for the early part of the day and ended up on the 18 tooth driver by feature time. We qualified 10th and was .4 off from the pole sitter. not terrible for a couple of Florida guys with nowhere near the money or tire knowledge the rest of this field had!

Ended up finishing 5th in the first main and after getting a bit locked down and shoved out of the groove we finished 10th in the second main for the day. Overall a good weekend! And we made all the shows!

Back