Mini Gears that work on standard hub? Or hubs that take both sprocket types?

cking

Do any of the mini gears work on standard sprocket hub? I assume anything smaller than 53t wouldnt fit on standard hub?
Is there any mini gear hubs that will also work with the standard sprockets?

That would work both ways it seems .
If the big gear won't fit the small hub
The small gear shouldn't fit the big hub .

True lol. I was looking at the pmi mini gears online. It appears they have (6) evenly spaced holes near the outer edge of sprocket. Thought maybe those outer holes matched regular sprocket hub bolt spacing.

PMI makes gears that fit the mini hub all the way up to 65, only problem is that you have to change all your gears out and that can cost upward of &500

I run both hubs......the PMI mini hub is small enough that when not used, I take gear guards off and slide over close to bearing hanger.

The added weight of the standard hub is negated by the tire tread weight/brake rotor, so not a concern.

I sold all my gears and hubs after finding a buyout in the Xcel system from phantom. I can run as big as they offer I believe is a 71 and can run as low as 44. I do have the smaller gears from Nitro Karting

PMI is one hub from 44-64 with 2 different guard options that is it. Pretty simple. If you stay in the small gears run the small guard and vice versa.

Glad I made the change. Think of it like a floating gear hub......some like them and some didn't.

Back