Mini gears

I've had bad luck running the mini gear hub with 60+ tooth sprockets as I believe the bigger gears have too much side flex for such a small contact area. I bought it because a certain track had a 17 tooth driver rule (which is not a disadvantage to a mini gear set up). unless the mini gear is required due to a must have ratio or driver rule I would not spend the money on an entire new set of gears, hub, guards. the weight savings over a PMI 4 bolt hub is negligible as the gears and guards are heavier. my 2 cents take it or leave it.

I run a 48 rear most of the time. I really like it in certain scenarios. Most of the time I can’t tell a difference.

I really am liking the mini gear set up, just takes a little to really understand how best to use it. It really helps in qualifying a ton if you only get 2-3 laps, helps where your RPM drop is high during racing, and helps to recover while racing.
With that being said, if you are on limited funds id still invest in tires. However, i do believe the mini gears are worth the money if you can afford it.

I really am liking the mini gear set up, just takes a little to really understand how best to use it. It really helps in qualifying a ton if you only get 2-3 laps, helps where your RPM drop is high during racing, and helps to recover while racing.
With that being said, if you are on limited funds id still invest in tires. However, i do believe the mini gears are worth the money if you can afford it.
how in the world would it be able to do any of that? In fact it would be worse as the leverage aspect would be completely opposite. no way science would be able to back any of that. complete nonsense.

Science hasn't caught up to karting. Our team relies on voodoo and magic 😂👍.

Several teams on the LO 206 Road Race circuit use mini gears and claim the same as SoCo. If my memory fails me correctly they finished one, two and three in a 35+ kart field.

how in the world would it be able to do any of that? In fact it would be worse as the leverage aspect would be completely opposite. no way science would be able to back any of that. complete nonsense.
I, and I'm sure others, would be extremely interested in seeing the science, and leverage aspects you speak of.

This has been covered recently, and I provided the math and science to go with it

The search function is your friend.

IMG_5335.jpeg

a larger front driver is like giving your engine a breaker bar in order to turn the axle. when you hear a good ol' boy tell you "a bigger driver will give you more pull out of the corner" this is what they are talking about. it's a mechanical advantage to run a larger driver.

a larger front driver is like giving your engine a breaker bar in order to turn the axle. when you hear a good ol' boy tell you "a bigger driver will give you more pull out of the corner" this is what they are talking about. it's a mechanical advantage to run a larger driver.
You forgot the lever you are pulling on, on the other end of chain.

Of course, comparing identical speed ratios.

The leverage ratio is what you need to look at.

Here is the math and science behind that.

https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/rotational-torque.110040/#post-782338

a 19/56 is the same gear ratio as a 20/59 the larger driver requires a larger rear sprocket smart guy. I'm well aware of the science. the mechanical advantage applies to both ends.
Let's give you a chance to really think that response through.

Oiling chain accomplishes same thing?[
lol the rusty chan was damaged when I used the mini gear. the mini gear system would allow someone to run a 20/44, a 2.20 gear ratio when is the last time you needed that? do you run mile tracks?

please explain how i'm wrong? you can make a diagram if you want I'll have a engineer from the Department of Energy with a masters in engineering mechanics look over your work. he's already looked at mine

Back