Mini tire changer

schoonie

Has anyone used the Harbor Freight mini tire changer to mount and dismount your tires? How'd it work for you?

I use it for mounting, just because I get a little better leverage for mounting the second side with the wheel a few inches off the floor. Doesn't hurt any when popping the first side on either, but both sides can be mounted relatively easily if on the floor is the only option you have. The key to either mounting or dismounting is to have the side of the bead opposite where you are working down in the minimum diameter area of the rim.

Dismounting, I just break both beads and grab a couple of bites of bead with a pair of motorcycle tire irons and they come right off, as long as you position the side of the bead opposite where you are using the tire irons down in the smaller diameter section of the rim as mentioned above.

http://tiresizer.com/ This is what I have. Works great! You can mount and dismount.
Breaks bead also.
I have 10 units in stock ready to ship before I make anymore.
I based mine from the Harbor Freight changer. I bought one, it didn`t work very well with our big wheels until I made some significant modifications. The treaded rod is too soft and makes it lean with the way it holds the tire in place. So I decided to make my own. My videos quit working, have to redo.
Have a new order of TIRESIZER® Stagger Tapes coming in soon also.

I tried to use Harbor Freight's "mini tire changer" and broke it before I had one tire dismounted. The long threaded stud that the pry bar bears against bent, and the end of the pry bar also bent. I think that our race tires place too much friction against a relatively small amount of rim area for this changer.

Fortunately Harbor Freight refunded my money without hassle.

Breaks bead also.
I have 10 units in stock ready to ship before I make anymore.
I based mine from the Harbor Freight changer. I bought one, it didn`t work very well with our big wheels until I made some significant modifications. The treaded rod is too soft and makes it lean with the way it holds the tire in place. So I decided to make my own. My videos quit working, have to redo.
Have a new order of TIRESIZER® Stagger Tapes coming in soon also.

Do you have a date for the stagger tapes? I love them and mine broke!

Back