mix with trak tac

I'm going to be using black sand on my tires and I was told to mix it with acrysol, to help it dry quicker. Is there anything else I can use to get the same result?.

The only other thing I recommend mixing it with is Lambert Clear. The Clear actually works better than Acrysol and the 2 stay mixed.

I agree with Chris 100%, it works great. The black sand and acrysol will separate if you leave it sitting around, thats why you need to shake it up real well before applying the mix to the tires. Lamberts clear and black sand 50/50 works much better than black sand and acrysol. I wouldnt mix methanol with any prep and apply to the tires, the methanol is doing the complete opposite of what you want the prep to do, methanol pulls oils out of the tire while when your applying prep your putting it into the tire, think about that.

^^^now thats funny right there lol im pretty sure there is alchol in a couple of tt mixes including one randy posted a while back for saphire

to the op 3m adheiseve remover is the original formulation for acrysol it still has the benzeen in it most labeled acrysol today is mainly just xylene and mineral spirits mixed if your just cutting at track in small amounts straight xylene will work ive even cut with goof off before and actually worked better than the others not sure if its the acetone xylene mix thats in it but it did work very well

I agree with Chris 100%, it works great. The black sand and acrysol will separate if you leave it sitting around, thats why you need to shake it up real well before applying the mix to the tires. Lamberts clear and black sand 50/50 works much better than black sand and acrysol. I wouldnt mix methanol with any prep and apply to the tires, the methanol is doing the complete opposite of what you want the prep to do, methanol pulls oils out of the tire while when your applying prep your putting it into the tire, think about that.

Now you just posted the other day on another forum that you wish people would quit posting because of bad info, and here you are posting bad info..lol.
Methanol is mixed as a "coupling agent" in various preps.
TT has even told people to use it in several mixes, was on old Bobs and not sure if its here now.

[/B]
Now you just posted the other day on another forum that you wish people would quit posting because of bad info, and here you are posting bad info..lol.
Methanol is mixed as a "coupling agent" in various preps.
TT has even told people to use it in several mixes, was on old Bobs and not sure if its here now.
ROTFLMAO I have to agree Earl. Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade.

Never heard of methanol being used in preps, or mixed with preps, that is what the guy mentioned and that is what i was talking about. Im assuming the alcohol that your talking about being mixed with preps is a different kind of alcohol, something like denatured alcohol maybe? Just cant see anyone using methanol racing fuel as a mix with tire prep, but what do i know? lol. If im wrong, then im wrong, not afraid to admit it when i am, unlike some people out there lol.

Methanol or 100% isopropyl alcohol will work... It's just used to bind certain chemicals together that normally would seperate. (not exactly a "active" ingredient)

Never heard of methanol being used in preps, or mixed with preps, that is what the guy mentioned and that is what i was talking about. Im assuming the alcohol that your talking about being mixed with preps is a different kind of alcohol, something like denatured alcohol maybe? Just cant see anyone using methanol racing fuel as a mix with tire prep, but what do i know? lol. If im wrong, then im wrong, not afraid to admit it when i am, unlike some people out there lol.

You are wrong. Go read the TT thread. Its not denatured alcohol, although im sure some do use that also.

Methanol or 100% isopropyl alcohol will work... It's just used to bind certain chemicals together that normally would separate. (not exactly a "active" ingredient)

Exactly correct. You couldn't get what we use as a coupling agent. Most racer already have racing methanol. Not our choice but it will work as a coupling agent.
Randy

Back