MM<>Inch and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
My latest spreadsheet! Convert MM to Inch, convert Inch to MM. Change the step to anything you want, change the starting number to anything you want. Enter M to convert metric to inch, enter D to convert inch to metric. For all of us old folks who still don't comprehend metric. LOL. Works in any spreadsheet. Macros only work in Excel.
mm in convert.jpg

Attachments

• mm in convert.jpg
    mm in convert.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I wanted to post a Decimal chart , figured it would not get much use with google .
if its in the 13 pages that's great .
Going to the bearing shop the other day I picked up a couple wall charts and standard size charts free.
they work better for my greasy fingers .
same with the digital repair manuals I prefer paper .

How does that go; you can lead a horse to water but......................
I guarantee you that this spreadsheet will give you more information about MM<>Inch interchange than any wall poster could ever hope to give you.
I bought my 1st CPM computer in 1981, and a bookkeeping program at the same time. An Eagle desk top box with a monitor, a keyboard, 64K of RAM and 2 800 K 5.25" floppy disk drives. It wasn't cheap. It came with a word processor and a spreadsheet. After seeing how the spreadsheet worked, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I've been a spreadsheet junkie ever sense. A problem, a problem, my kingdom for a problem. It's always been a source of wonder; the number of people my age who can't appreciate the wonders of the computer. lol.

naaaw I like your spread sheet .
Is it updated with this addition ?
My expertise does not match your accuracy .

edit up front: Al I'm leaving my writing below today. I'm sorry but I think what makes my dander get up when reading a reply of your's is I can't switch from reading your words as your always saying your better then anyone else and know things correctly no matter what evidence anyone offers. I really shouldn't always read that into what you write and I likely have the same old age problem, but I do. Wish I could change but I'm surely set in my old learned ways.

I tried to be nice with my reply in this thread. But since you as you always do got nasty with your reply and uppity Mr Goody Two Shoes, your better then anyone else and it's my way or the highway, i'll reply in the same manner. As usual you Al are on here only to argue and try to force your antiquated sometimes lack of knowledge and experience ways on everyone. So I'll offer an honest reply instead of trying to compliment you on your labor because of your effort.

"I guarantee you that this spreadsheet will give you more information about MM<>Inch interchange than any wall poster could ever hope to give you."

So what? In today's world people carry phones with them or a piece of paper on the racing trailer wall to do conversions.

A spreadsheet which needs a computer to function unless you carry a laptop or full size computer with you is not worth the time it takes to hit an enter key. It's a laborious time wasting thing to use and thing of the past. Unless your sitting in front of a computer with it already loaded and you need a conversion it would be quicker to look at a print out or do the calculation on your phone.

YOU GUARANTEE ! That's a laugh equal to my thinking my thoughts on how a solid axle staggered oval racer needs to be used to efficiently go around an oval. Your guarantee? answer: yeah sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back