mod/open springs

subbietjw

what valve springs are out there that land between the 26lbs and the duel springs... looking for something I can get in a stock seat and will take .350 lift...

30lbs springs bind at .350 lift, 37lbs springs bind at .330 lift, and 26lbs springs bind at .385 lift.
40lbs duals bind at .370 lift, 60lbs duals bind at .400 lift

NR Racing did, but have a disclaimer saying they are not holding tension...
I know when I talked to Tim at Isky...he said the 40lbs were what was needed with the Mamba and 1.3's

Also I am not at my shop right now...but if I remember right...I took a piece of 1/2" black pipe schedule 40... Cut some slots in it and made a cutter to cut the pocket to accept the duals...this was on a mini mill with a guide through the valve guide. Or some pipe piece I had cut some slots in it measured the inside dual spring and cut the pocket to accept it...took longer to find the piece of pipe and set up the mill than it was to cut the pocket...took less than a minute to cut both...

ya its just the mill time... I could take it to work just don't really want to... i'll have to get with isky and see what my options are??? thank you =)

Back