model 15?

kartboy63

would the model 15 be better than the gen 5 animal in an open build, thinking of the faster motors model 15 with a sleeve and his piston with a flathead crank, I know some will say don't use the flathead crank, but I had bad luck with the ARC stroker cranks and im not paying $600 for a super alloy crank, I been running the flathead crank foe a while and not broke one YET.

As long as you don’t have stay at 14.5ci or under yes. Build the 15. I’ll be doing the same thing soon.

The 15 with an animal crank should out run the animal with a flathead crank. The small bore animal really does not have space to let large valves flow to capacity. To stroke the 15 with a used flathead crank makes it less reliable. How hard do you twist the animal?

The 14.5 Cubic inch Solution.
This combination is for those that want to have a big bore so that the intake valve is unshrouded for maximum flow and horsepower.
I have custom made pistons for a 2.875" and 2.890'' bore that gives you just under the 14.5 cubic inch maximum.
They use the stock size Briggs 206 wrist pin, the stock stroke hardened 206 crank and a longer connecting rod to improve the rod ratio.

https://faster-motors-wi.myshopify....-sleeve-installed?_pos=5&_sid=add0f56ad&_ss=r

It says sold out but that is really not correct. I will change that later today.
I also have pistons that give you 14.3 Cubic inches and a larger piston that gives you 14.4 Cubic inches.
Please call me to place an order. 920-207-9180

1617105509686.png

Last edited:
^ This is a nice package right here.
The larger bore unshrouding the IN valve is a big key to performance.
Put the right valve size in a billet head and the right carb on it, and it will rock.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The 14.5 Cubic inch Solution.
This combination is for those that want to have a big bore so that the intake valve is unshrouded for maximum flow and horsepower.
I have custom made pistons for a 2.875" and 2.890'' bore that gives you just under the 14.5 cubic inch maximum.
They use the stock size Briggs 206 wrist pin, the stock stroke hardened 206 crank and a longer connecting rod to improve the rod ratio.

https://faster-motors-wi.myshopify....-sleeve-installed?_pos=5&_sid=add0f56ad&_ss=r

It says sold out but that is really not correct. I will change that later today.
I also have pistons that give you 14.3 Cubic inches and a larger piston that gives you 14.4 Cubic inches.
Please call me to place an order. 920-207-9180

View attachment 14819
do you have a piston / rod combo that will work with a stroker crank, not worried about 14.5

yes I have pistons and rods for the stroker version also.

Back