Modified Class Predator Build

I think you're missing what I'm saying here. They didn't specify in the rules where they check the lift, and by reading the rules it specifies camshaft lift only anyway. So if you don't fudge the rules when they don't specify a certain criteria, you aren't trying. I.E. working within the rules and making it work. Until someone tells you what you're doing is illegal due to a teardown or otherwise, you might as well do it, because for all you know, everyone else is doing it too.

I agree with team580, that is cheating. I see your point about it not saying in the rules where lift is checked, but by running the 1.3 on the intake, you are actually altering the lift of the cam and will be around .300 lift rather than the .231 the rules say is allowed. If that is not cheating, everyone would be doing it everywhere, not just in your class or at your track of choice. Better to find other ways to make power within the listed rules than do something that clearly jeopordizes not only your chance of winning, but your reputation as a racer. I would use that stock head only rule and do some work to the stock head, cleaning up the ports a little with some port work and unshroud the valves, find a stock predator flat top piston for more compression, and play with the stock carb to make more power with it, theres plenty more you can do with that rule set that will help you more than a little extra lift that would not be considered blatantly cheating. Work the grey area's as much as you can, without overdoing it. Thats still a pretty vague rule set, and i see alot that can be done to make power within the rules, im sure others do also.

There are two terms you need to understand, cam lift and valve lift, if your rules state valve lift it is measured at the valve, cam lift is measured at the cam, ratio rockers are taken into the formula in the first instance. It is your duty to clarify the rules if you don't understand or have a doubt. In todays world of communication technology and instant gratification you have no excuse. If it states valve lift I know what I would assume, but I would not go through the hassle of trying to beat it. If everyone is being inspected the same way find out what it is. Volunteer to clarify the rules if needed, it is simple cheating is cheating there is no way you can sugar coat it, nor if you win and you are competing outside of the rules you have nothing to be proud of, be happy with the $20 plastic trophy and any money you stole.

Learn the rules it is not that hard to do.

Back