Modified Gx390 gearing

cbrunnem

Hi, i have a modified gx390(big cam, lifters,flywheel, alcohol carb, borded/stroked, custom timing/coil, etc) and its been a long process and i have out grown the gearing available(19 driver, 53 driven) and am looking for an alternative to a jackshaft setup to get a lower ratio than 2.78 which only allows me to get to 71mph@6k rpm. At the track i run at i have to run much higher rpm than that and id like to keep it around 6k.

is there an alternative to jackshafts. i have ran them before but don't like the extra rotating mass and more chains to break. I run a 35 chain and cant find anything below a 53. If a jackshaft setup is the best option i like the burris jackshaft setup but what else is out there?

thanks in advance.

i havent found drivers for my clutch above 19

so i guess i wasnt looking hard enough as you can buy a 22t driver from the clutch manufacturer. that still only gets me to 81mph which a tag can about get to with considerably less power. so i get a jackshaft it is.

buller has a gear ring hub that fits a tuffy style buller clutch basket with 22-30 tooth drivers.
could work if using a disc clutch
098-401 hub and 098-305 basket

Back