Moisture and prep

smoothupinthere

What are some options with prep when the track is hard packed with some moisture, and a fresh track that is packed, but soft with lots of moisture from watering. I know compounds will play a role in these type of conditions as well.

LS 4, flip flop aggressive, So Co aggressive,
Carlson's aggressive, Topaz, Andy Murray Purple, Wet track, Krug, Wintergreen, Creo mix, Goat, just to name a few, a lot of guy's will mix some of these

What are some options with prep when the track is hard packed with some moisture, and a fresh track that is packed, but soft with lots of moisture from watering. I know compounds will play a role in these type of conditions as well.
You are right that having the right compound is a good start -- or softening what you have to get the duro down where you need it for a track like this.
Our Monster Bite works well during the week to get duro down and then at the track as a PRW to get the tire to fire. Each wipe will drop the duro 2-3 points and add a ton of bite. Unlike some harsh preps that soften quickly, a tire treated with Monster Bite will stay soft and not just bounce back up in duro the following week AND you can re-use that Monster Bite tire all night long if you choose to do so. Some harsh preps (green, gold, goat, etc,) lose considerable speed if you try to re-use them the same night -- it's best to let those preps cure out for a couple of weeks before using those tires again.
Definitely goat creo mixes will work on wet/damp/sealed moisture tracks....just can you afford to inventory and set out enough tires to subscribe to that tire program?

If you have specific questions about our tires and prep program, please feel free to call our shop during business hours, send me a message on here, through our Facebook page, or email me.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back