Momentum tracks

bullerman

Which tracks around are considered momentum tracks? I know Possum Kingdom is for sure. Just wondering about some of the rest.
Is a momentum track considered a track you never have to lift. Not even blip the throttle. Like to look at them on Google Earth.

Which tracks around are considered momentum tracks? I know Possum Kingdom is for sure. Just wondering about some of the rest.
Is a momentum track considered a track you never have to lift. Not even blip the throttle. Like to look at them on Google Earth.
No doesn't have to be flatfoot track a few slight burps is still momentum, Look up 7 stars speedway home page web site that's a 1/8th mile momentum avg night race lap time for sr classes 10 sec with some 9.7 , day race avg 9.2 sec with some 8.8 sec which is the fastest 1/8 mile I know of. Then look up Hunterstown speedway little less than 1/5 mile but momentum, then Selinsgrove speedway ( kart track in the middle of big track ) that's right at 1/5 mile all in Pa all are momentum.

in karting? with a kart engine? All OF THEM. unless you have enough power to break traction (burn out) you need momentum

You could put our track inside most of these tracks and have room left over. Huntertown is close inside of turn to inside of our turns but is way wider in the infield.. I can see why they run large drivers. Would like to race on some of those tracks. The most my tach has show was 38 mph. We run grooves a d i was in a 14/58 right at 4700. This is box stock. They are going way faster than that.
Looks like most of their starts start going into three. We are almost out of four before we start. we have a 120 foot straightway on this side of the track. Good to be able to look at the different tracks.

Yes momentum is king in karting, but that's not his question.
yes it is.
especially in oval racing if you cannot maintain momentum, you ain't going fast. low hp and no gearbox/torque converter. momentum is the key. your gear choice how free your chassis is and your tire choices are to gain as much possible speed through the corner i.e momentum. I gave correct answer to the question.

I think it isn't very well understood that in some areas geographically there are tracks that aren't the same area as where you might live. I live where there are a couple of high momentum tracks but a bigger number of tracks that aren't that way. Thus the question. Don't assume they are all wide open throttle tracks because the ones in your area are that way. And you shouldn't assume the ones in the OP area are, Just answer his question.

yes it is.
especially in oval racing if you cannot maintain momentum, you ain't going fast. low hp and no gearbox/torque converter. momentum is the key. your gear choice how free your chassis is and your tire choices are to gain as much possible speed through the corner i.e momentum. I gave correct answer to the question.
Your info is fine, but that wasn't his question his question was simply do you have to be able to flatfoot the track to be considered a momentum track , and he wanted some names of other tracks that are considered momentum tracks so he could look them up.
OP look up pennscreek raceway Park, that's not considered a momentum track.

I think it isn't very well understood that in some areas geographically there are tracks that aren't the same area as where you might live. I live where there are a couple of high momentum tracks but a bigger number of tracks that aren't that way. Thus the question. Don't assume they are all wide open throttle tracks because the ones in your area are that way. And you shouldn't assume the ones in the OP area are, Just answer his question.
Correct not all tracks are considered momentum tracks , someone that races at them needs to confirm that, which is why I only pointed out PA tracks where we race a lot.

Since you mentioned PK, theres 2 big name tracks close to this as well, GKK, AKA Carnesville, home of Thanksgiving Thunder and Iron City, Blacksburg, SC, home of The Big O.
And then theres a lesser known track just above Greenville, in Dacusville called Foothills.
Little farther away, Hanging Rock, Fastrax, Liberty, Woodleaf, Aynor, Checkered Flag, and theres more as well.

7B94CED2-68B8-4945-A83F-12D288AE3BEB.jpeg

Back