Monticello LO206 gear

Thanks I'll check your FB page out.

Great practice day at Monticello, zero rain.
Ran the Rotax fr 125 for the first time. Fast track!

Yeah Monticello is a fast sweeping track. Grip level isn't the best, but I think its one of the best/ underrated tracks in Florida and definately a well kept secret.

Interesting track. I see they have a 100cc class. Any info on classes and rules? I plan a trip to FL for other reasons later this yearand it might be on my way.

Their Easy Kart 125 class is the largest, average draw is between 20-25 karts. But they have also been mixing the X-30 into that class, as they don’t have enough people running X-30 to have their own class. Same can be said for Rotax, if one shows up, they get thrown into the Easy Kart ranks.

The 100cc class is about 4 teenagers with one light weight adult mixed in. There is a 5th person practicing, but hasn’t made the transition yet from practicing to racing yet.

Their 4 stroke class is DOMINATED by highly modified Subaru Robin engines, pushing around 18 hp. Class size ranges from 6 to 12 or so. Usually I see about 6-8 guys that show up every month with consistency. The other 4 to 6 guys are fair weather racers. :unsure:

Their cadet division is purely 4 stroke, with 4 kids, 2 Subaru, 2 Lo206, with a few more Lo206 kids practicing but haven’t made that transition into racing just yet.

They have no Lo206, World Formula, or Tillotson classes. So if you bring one of those 4 strokes, you get thrown in with the Subaru guys. You are scored differently though. (Monticello was a Subaru and Iame dealer, sense why those classes are large)

Currently they’re an IAME dealer, but they just started selling Briggs Lo206 as of maybe 2 months ago, so that is a new development as of late. I think when CKNA started running there a few months ago (for the first time), it was a bit of an eye opener for them to see the class sizes that Lo206’s bring in.

They also have a small 175cc class (Tag) but they only have 4 of those guys or so, and they don’t run every month on the regular. Those guys usually run another kart in another class, and discuss amoungst each other when they want to take their 175s out to play.

This info is just the numbers for the locals. When travelers show up, things adjust accordingly and classes expand and contract.

With the CKNA race coming up, during the last weekends local, there were more Lo206’s there than everyone else combined with all the out-of-towners coming in to get practice in before CKNA.

Last edited:
Their Easy Kart 125 class is the largest, average draw is between 20-25 karts. But they have also been mixing the X-30 into that class, as they don’t have enough people running X-30 to have their own class. Same can be said for Rotax, if one shows up, they get thrown into the Easy Kart ranks.

The 100cc class is about 4 teenagers with one light weight adult mixed in. There is a 5th person practicing, but hasn’t made the transition yet from practicing to racing yet.

Their 4 stroke class is DOMINATED by highly modified Subaru Robin engines, pushing around 18 hp. Class size ranges from 6 to 12 or so. Usually I see about 6-8 guys that show up every month with consistency. The other 4 to 6 guys are fair weather racers. :unsure:

Their cadet division is purely 4 stroke, with 4 kids, 2 Subaru, 2 Lo206, with a few more Lo206 kids practicing but haven’t made that transition into racing just yet.

They have no Lo206, World Formula, or Tillotson classes. So if you bring one of those 4 strokes, you get thrown in with the Subaru guys. You are scored differently though. (Monticello was a Subaru and Iame dealer, sense why those classes are large)

Currently they’re an IAME dealer, but they just started selling Briggs Lo206 as of maybe 2 months ago, so that is a new development as of late. I think when CKNA started running there a few months ago (for the first time), it was a bit of an eye opener for them to see the class sizes that Lo206’s bring in.

They also have a small 175cc class (Tag) but they only have 4 of those guys or so, and they don’t run every month on the regular. Those guys usually run another kart in another class, and discuss amoungst each other when they want to take their 175s out to play.

This info is just the numbers for the locals. When travelers show up, things adjust accordingly and classes expand and contract.

With the CKNA race coming up, during the last weekends local, there were more Lo206’s there than everyone else combined with all the out-of-towners coming in to get practice in before CKNA.
Thanks a lot. What kind of 100cc are they running?

Back